2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Annette's 25 hopefully Good Reads 2016

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annette (last edited Mar 25, 2016 11:51AM) (new)

Annette This is my first challenge and I'm getting started late, but so far this year I've read
1. How to Be a Victorian which was so interesting! Amazing to think of living life like that, in some ways so different, but also so many things the same as today (not the drugging babies part!).
2. The Phantom of the Opera This was a reread for me. Enjoyed it many years ago and wanted to see if I still did. Not so much this time.
3. RevivalI have read Stephen King since high school. This one was hard for me to get through because a lot of it bored me, and I wanted to get to the action, which was only at the end. Very scary idea presented at the end though! If the whole book had been like that, I would have enjoyed it more.
4. The Art of Thinking Clearly
5. Ghost Gifts
6. A Chance in the World: An Orphan Boy, a Mysterious Past, and How He Found a Place Called Home I think this one qualifies also for my courage reading for March.
7. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban

message 2: by Annette (new)

Annette 8. The Fifth Gospel enjoyed this one, but felt ii could have been cut down by at least 25%. There was a lot of repetitive description.

message 3: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4633 comments Never too late Annette, welcome and good luck with your challenge :)

message 6: by Annette (new)

Annette End of Watch was #12. I loved this series, sad to see them go.

message 7: by Annette (new)

Annette 13. Early Genwood Springs

message 8: by Annette (new)