Hoyt's Huns discussion

Castle Hangnail
This topic is about Castle Hangnail
Book Of the Month Discussion > Castle Hangnail --March 2016 -- no spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary Catelli | 2210 comments Mod
For checking in to tell us you're reading, and spoiler-free discussion.

message 2: by Mary (last edited Mar 01, 2016 05:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I like the introduction with the castle and the guardian and Edward leading up to the realization that the new Mistress is -- rather short.

I like the Cook's style of speech.

Sheryl Tribble | 76 comments Thought I'd pick this up since I had some reading time while on vacation, but the Barnes & Noble was out and had it on order, which I guess is a good sign.

The library's got it, so I'll give that a shot. It looks like a fun and quick read.

I confess, the first time I read this I stayed up too late.

Jeff Greason | 56 comments Wow. I've loved Digger and was excited when this book, which I'd never heard of, came up on the list. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for in joining this group, that I'd find books that I'd love that I'd never have found otherwise. I have tears in my eyes right now -- just as I sometimes did from a Heinlein 'juvenile'. I ran from finishing the book to review it and to write this. And like those other 'juvenile' works, it may be pitched to the young adult, but the themes are timeless. May all of our real life champions come to learn these lessons -- of where real power comes from, of standing up to their responsibilities, and of the tools best left unused.

message 7: by Mary (last edited Mar 19, 2016 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope you enjoy it!

She also has two kid's series -- Dragonbreath and Harriet the Invincible -- but I think Castle is her non-Digger books that adults will get the most out of.

Sheryl Tribble | 76 comments What a lovely book! Props to whoever it was who suggested it!

Glad you like it!