A Piece of Cake A Piece of Cake discussion

Independent Novel

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (new) - added it

Taylor Johnson I read the book A Piece of Cake written by Cupcake Brown. It was a true story of Cupcake's life growing up as a child all the way through her as an adult. It started off with Cupcakes rough times such as rape, abuse, and drugs, but ended on a positive note with Cupcake having a nice family and stable job. I would give this book a 5 out of 5. It was truly one of the most interesting and intriguing books that I have ever read. At times it got a bit gory and disturbing but some of those moments is what made the book the most interesting. I would suggest this book to anyone who likes to read about true stories and can handle the rough and hard times in peoples lives.

message 2: by Carrie (last edited Apr 13, 2016 06:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carrie I too have just finished reading this book. I liked it. I was rooting for Cup all the way through. I do like to read memoirs, so this was right up my alley. If I may suggest a few others that are in the same vein and just as excellent: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, and Push by Sapphire.