Play Book Tag discussion

The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History
This topic is about The Monuments Men
February 2016: World War II > The Monuments Men / Robert M Edsel. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8322 comments The Monuments Men / Robert M. Edsel
3.5 stars

Adolf Hitler wanted to build a museum in Germany. He wanted to include the greatest works of art. During WWII, Hitler and the Nazis stole many works of art from all over Europe and stashed it in various places. There was a small group of soldiers who were tasked with finding those works of art and returning them to where they belong. This is their story.

This was interesting. Until the book and movie, I certainly had no idea about this. I appreciated that Edsel had a short paragraph about the main Monuments Men who he focused on near the start of the book, so I could check back, but really, he did a good job of refreshing the readers' memory when he went back to a particular person, I thought.

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5800 comments My F2F book club had this on the agenda a couple of years ago. I didn't finish it (I think it was when my Dad was dying), and never picked it up again. But I did finally see the movie, and it's still on my tbr. Thanks for the reminder.

LibraryCin | 8322 comments I'd be interested in seeing the movie, as well. Hope you like the book!