Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > LizH's February

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Well. The great pace of January fizzled in February. Got stalled by a book for 2 weeks, gotta get better at recognizing when a book just doesn't do it for me. Busy social schedule with a concert, Broadway play and a Hot Shop opening/demo kept me from spending my weekends reading.

11. THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US by Charles Martin. 3/5. 2 survivors of a plane crash, will they get off the desolate mountain? This one was just ok, even with a cool twist at the end.
12. BROTHERHOOD IN DEATH J.D Robb 3/5 Eve's father figure/older-man crush's brother is killed and it exposes a secret group of powerful men who raped women once a year. Good, not great. Loved to have more of the Mira's, but a tough subject matter.
13. AFTER THE CRASH by Michael Bussi. DNF...this is the one that stalled me. Great story, just couldn't get into it.
14. MISSING PIECES by Heather Gudenkauf. Really like this author, lots of twists, turns and constant tension by missing pieces of the story. Just how well do you know your spouse and his/her past?

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Sometimes life gets in the way of a book.....and usually that's a good thing!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14623 comments Liz: I'm sorry that you didn't get into After The Crash. Sometimes our mood doesn't line up on schedule or connect with a book others are reading. :)
i'm sure they'll be another opportunIty to discuss a future book with the group. Your month of activities sound fun!!

message 4: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Ann, don't worry, I seem to be back in my slump. Ugh!!!