What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA romance/fantasy, falcon or hawk possibly in title; girl meets boy in forest, they fall in love, boy shapeshifts into other things to break free [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline Rose (new)

Madeline Rose (briarrose78) | 6 comments Ok so this might be a long stretch. I have been searching for this book since i was a kid! I don't have much to go on, as it has been many years since i read the dang thing. Here goes nothing.... Hem.

I am relatively sure it is a young adult novel, as i rented it from the library when i was 13/14 (and i only rented from the YA section)

So the title had 'falcon' or 'hawk' or something like that in it, if memory serves. However it might have been a theme as apposed to a title.

The premise of the story was a girl sneaks off to the forest and eventually she meets a boy. They fall in love obviously, and she wants them to be together forever but something is preventing him from staying.

The only way to get him to stay was as followed (this is as much as i remember):
When they were leaving there would be a parade/line of people/creatures. When the boy went buy the girl had to grab onto him and hold onto him no matter what. He would transform into things though, and try to break free of her.
(he tries to burn her, claw at her etc.)
thats about as much as i remember! OH! At the end of the book she exclaims "she is with child' to her family. It is an older time period book. like pioneer maybe?
Hope you can help me :)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Harman, please start a new thread in UNSOLVED.. One request per thread.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Madeline Rose, please put genre and plot details in your header, since everyone here is looking for a book whose title and author they don't know.

What year did you read the book?

message 4: by Madeline Rose (new)

Madeline Rose (briarrose78) | 6 comments Im not sure what year i read it :/ I was 13 or 14 maybe... so 2008?and im not sure what plot to put as the topic.
I edited a bit, is that better?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

It is an improvement, but we encourage you to really stuff plot details in there to catch people's attention. Truthfully 90% of people here are probably looking for YA/romance/fantasy.

I would rewrite it as:

YA romance/fantasy, falcon or hawk possibly in title; girl meets boy in forest, they fall in love, boy shapeshifts into other things to break free

message 6: by Madeline Rose (new)

Madeline Rose (briarrose78) | 6 comments ok thankyou :) This is my first ever post lol! just getting the hang of it!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

You're welcome.

message 8: by Madeline Rose (new)

Madeline Rose (briarrose78) | 6 comments Found the book on a different thread :) thanks all.

message 9: by Madeline Rose (new)

Madeline Rose (briarrose78) | 6 comments Will move to 'solved' as soon as laptop finishes update

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments Please, just say what it was:D. Some time ago I was searching for Tam Lin retellings and I don't think I know this one.

message 11: by Madeline Rose (new)

Madeline Rose (briarrose78) | 6 comments Oh yes! The story i was looking for was called "The nightwood" by robin muller :)

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments Thanks:)

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33405 comments Mod
Thanks for the update, Madeline Rose. Here's the GR link - The Nightwood by Robin Muller.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Nightwood (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robin Muller (other topics)