All The Books discussion

Future Books!!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura Jane (new)

Laura Jane | 19 comments Mod
Not books ABOUT the future (though, those would be ok, too) but books for us to read, in the future.

Feel free to add any books you're interested in reading together to the reading list to our group's bookshelf.

ALSO, we will try to pick the next month's book somewhere around the middle of the month so you have time to find/purchase/order/reserve at the library/etc.

I'm so excited you all are here!!

message 2: by Alicen (last edited Apr 30, 2014 03:06PM) (new)

Alicen (alicenl) | 10 comments Wouldn't it be cool if there was a place on the groups page to show common to-read books with how many people in the group had them on their to-read lists?

With a quick glance at my to-read list, here's some I have had on there for a while:

Alias Grace by Atwood
The Poisonwood Bible by Kingsolver
The Interestings by Wolitzer

Another group I'm in uses the Polls feature to choose the book each month, so maybe going off suggestions from this post and the prior one, a Poll could be done in a week or two?

message 3: by Laura Jane (new)

Alicen wrote: "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a place on the groups page to show common to-read books with how many people in the group had them on their to-read lists?

With a quick glance at my to-read list,..."

That would be an amazing (and time saving) feature for sure!

I love those options, too. I haven't read any of them yet either. Wondering if The Interestings is going to live up to the hype?

I think a poll in a week or two is a fantastic idea as well.

You kind of just made my day with all the suggestions. Thank you!!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 2 comments I've read (and loved) both Alias Grace and The Poisonwood Bible. I'd definitely read them again, though, as it's been >10 years since I read them!

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 4 comments Something by Neil Gaiman? I have been meaning to read things from him. So that's my idea.

message 6: by Arielle (new)

Arielle (sabinasan) | 5 comments ^ I received a glowing recommendation for his latest book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane. :)

message 7: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 6 comments LOVE Neil Gaiman. Ocean at the End of the Lane is WONDERFUL. A very short read, but excellent.

message 8: by Ani (new)

Ani | 7 comments Have people read The Fault in Our Stars? I heard it was good.

message 9: by Laura Jane (new)

I'

message 10: by Laura Jane (new)

I've been wanting to read that! We can definitely put it in the poll of what we should read next.

message 11: by Ani (new)

Ani | 7 comments Sounds great! :)

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments Loved the Fault I our Stars.

message 13: by Alicen (new)

Alicen (alicenl) | 10 comments I haven't received Fault in Our Stars from the library yet (in paper or digital form), so it may be August before I read it! Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, since I haven't seen any forum or discussion on it yet :)...

message 14: by Victoria (new)

Victoria M. (vicmcjo) | 4 comments I just finished Night Film by Marisha Pessl. I really enjoyed it, as I did her first book, Special Topics in Calamity Physics. Has anyone else read either of these?

message 15: by Laura Jane (new)

Alicen wrote: "I haven't received Fault in Our Stars from the library yet (in paper or digital form), so it may be August before I read it! Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, since I haven't seen ..."

Alicen, I haven't started reading it yet. Eep. I got hung up on one of those books I just couldn't finish last month. So. Yes Same boat. Ish. It was a long month, too. Have you read it by now?

message 16: by Laura Jane (new)

Victoria wrote: "I just finished Night Film by Marisha Pessl. I really enjoyed it, as I did her first book, Special Topics in Calamity Physics. Has anyone else read either of these?"

Ohh, I have a copy of Special Topics, but I still haven't read it. I'll check out Night Film, too.

message 17: by Alicen (new)

Alicen (alicenl) | 10 comments LauraJane wrote: "Have you read it by now?"

Sure haven't...still on the waiting list at the library (#10 out of 64). I'm going to go ahead and do Wrinkle now though! About to start Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham as well.