What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Sci-fi/fantasy, dragon mountain/robots/space-ship series?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (lavender87) | 2 comments I've been trying to find out the name of a particular book since I've joined goodreads. I've tried google, and even looking at the online catalog at the library I checked it out from a long time ago to no avail...

I think I may have been around 14 or younger when I read the book, and being 29 now, it would have to have been published before 2001. I have a terrible memory and I can't remember a whole lot about the book, but I believe it was a book series of three (I think I read them all) and not very popular.

I remember picking out the book in the young adult fantasy section. I thought it was a fantasy book about dragons because on the cover it had a picture of mountains (which I think looked like a dragon?) on it and had the name dragon in the title. I could have sworn it was called something like Dragon Mountain, but I can't find anything similar to that title that fits the plot as I remember it...

The plot is very fuzzy to me. I remember this girl being in a palace(?) with a bunch of other girls and they were pampered. I believe she decided to run away and was in a desert(?) where she found this man and robots(?) that were like his servants, and I remember (in the last book, I believe) they find out the mans true identity after finding a space ship, and that he's actually from outer space or something...I think the robots take care of the girl. I think the man might not have known his own true identity..

message 2: by Elias (last edited Mar 05, 2016 11:25AM) (new)

Elias (iamnotthrowingawaymyshot) | 78 comments This sound amazing. Shame I haven't heard of anything like it. It sounds vaguely similar to the Dragonriders of Pern books.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33288 comments Mod
Dragonriders of Pern series for Elias' suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4032...

message 4: by Elias (new)

Elias (iamnotthrowingawaymyshot) | 78 comments Kris wrote: "Dragonriders of Pern series for Elias' suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4032..."

I'm not suggesting it, as I've read the Dragonriders of Pern books and I know it's not it-- I was just saying that it's kind of similar.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
What about one of the Norby books? They probably are not it, but it's been too many years since I read them. but there are definitely robots and dragons and space-ships in that series. Norby, the Mixed-Up Robot is I think the first book in the series.

message 6: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments Possible this is one of the Jinian books?

Jinian Footseer
Dervish Daughter
Jinian Star-Eye

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Sarah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?