Goodreads Ireland discussion

Previous Monthly Reads > March 2016: The Secret Scripture (non-spoiler)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara | 2357 comments Mod
This is the non-spoiler discussion thread for our March 2016 read (The Secret Scripture).

message 2: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose | 0 comments I read this book a couple of years ago. I look forward to seeing what people think of it

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1143 comments This was a quick read for me. I didn't love it but I liked it and there was a neat twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Probably not one I would have read on my own so I'm glad it was selected as a monthly read.

message 4: by Marcia (new)

Marcia | 437 comments I received this as my SS. I quite liked it but didn't love it. It was an interesting book. More about emotions and predjudices and the way people deal with them.

message 5: by Margo (new)

Margo I'm up to page 60. I have a question :
(view spoiler)
So far I'm having mixed feeling about this one. Enjoying the historical parts very much

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 21 comments I bought this book at Charlie Byrne's bookstore in Galway a few years ago and haven't touched it since I got home. Hoping to dig into it at the end of the month when I get back from spring break.

message 7: by Serf (new)

Serf Hoping to start this soon, struggling to get through my current read. It's a slog.

message 8: by Margo (new)

Margo Finished this today. 3*

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) I've just opened the spoiler thread for those finished. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 10: by Margo (new)

Margo Thanks Emma. I'll post once I get my thoughts together ;-)

message 11: by SherryRose (new)

SherryRose | 0 comments I read this a years ago and I won't retread it but I will read the spoiler thread.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments I read this in 2009 but last June (2015) I listened to the audiobook. So I won't be reading it a 3rd time but will say I love Sebastian Barry.