Backstory discussion

Debates > School uniforms

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments Should schools enforce uniforms?

message 2: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments Why? :-)

message 3: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments I am for and against school uniforms. Students should have the freedom to dress how they want but uniforms make it so students don't get distracted from what others are wearing. Plus instead of worrying about what to wear they can be doing homework and studying. On the other hand, I enjoy buying clothes and putting together outfits. It's a sense of freedom and creativity.

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments If you think about it if you have to buy a school uniform you don't have to buy that many other clothes so you may actually save money.

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments Does anyone in this group go to a school with uniforms?

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments cool. Do you like it? I wish I was home-schooled. I know a lot of people who are home-schooled.

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments LUCKY

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments Back to Uniforms...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I personally don't like uniforms...they don't,"reduce bullying" or whatever. People are still going to make fun of you..no matter what you wear. Kids are cruel. They'll make fun of you for your appearance too..not just what you wear. Also, uniforms are usually boring...and there's no originality..and I don't see why kids can't wear what they want..as long as it's "appropriate" that is..

message 10: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
i get you and some people say "but it brings down the social barriers" it really doesnt because there are other ways for people to be "classified"...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly.

message 12: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
thats why there's no point at all in uniforms because its not even "saving money"... in georgia uniform cost just as much as a designer outfit

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup!>.<

I'm glad I go to a public school now, with no uniforms.

message 14: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
thats great :) but some people take it too seriously

message 15: by Raven (new)

Raven (howlisawesome) I love wearing uniforms. I go to a Catholic School now but 2 years ago I went to public school. People were really mean to people who didn't have the best clothing. One of my friends was always being talked about because she almost always wore the same (not designer) outfit to school. Now at my school we have gym, winter, and summer uniforms and I love it. it shows that we're all equal and you don't judge how you feel about a person by what they wear. I totally agree that clothing is excellent because you can express you individual self, which is why we have Dress Down Days. I like it because I always look forward to it and get to wear a fabulous outfit for that one day.

message 16: by Raven (new)

Raven (howlisawesome) and I don't worry about people still making fun because everyone in my school is at least kind of nice, there are no real bullies of any kind

message 17: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
that's a great example raven thnx

message 18: by Raven (new)

Raven (howlisawesome) No problem :-)

message 19: by Gautami (new)

Gautami Kandhare | 13 comments Our school has uniforms.Sure, it could have been better if we didn't have but hey, you stop judging a person by their clothes.A while ago, I was against the uniform system,nevertheless, because of it you can really concentrate on studies and not bother whether you have put the blue silken skirt in the laundry....

message 20: by DarkAurora (new)

DarkAurora | 31 comments ughhh,you guys are sooo lucky,its unbelievable..
i have to wear a brown diarrhea colour blazer
most schools in England do have uniforms though...

message 21: by Gautami (new)

Gautami Kandhare | 13 comments ours is sky blue blouse and a navy blue shirt...How pathetic is that!!??!

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren717) I think school uniforms are totally fine, as long as the school allows you to give it some of your own personality to it.

message 23: by DarkAurora (new)

DarkAurora | 31 comments diarrhea blazer and white shirt,everything else black...

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren717) DarkAurora wrote: "diarrhea blazer and white shirt,everything else black..."

hahaha, I looove you you explained that

message 25: by DarkAurora (new)

DarkAurora | 31 comments thanks!
*shrugs shoulders*

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes.
School uniforms are a sort of identification. We have time for fashion. I do like clothes, don't get me wrong, and I don't like my school uniforms. But I suppose I gotta cope with it, and so do you.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Blue blazer blue and white stripey blose and grey skirt

message 28: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments Natasha wrote: "Blue blazer blue and white stripey blose and grey skirt"

that sounds cute

message 29: by a (new)

a  k (complxus) I am kinda-sorta against school uniforms. I mean, kids--especially girls--can be awful. Sure, maybe for some uniforms resist bullying, but if someone isn't making fun of you for the clothes you're wearing, they'll make fun of you for the way you look. And some people look good in uniforms while others don't. At least when you're allowed to wear your own clothes, you can choose to wear what you know you look and feel confident in.