Inkshares Community discussion

Resources (Editing, Cover, Ads) > Book Trailer Music

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Feb 29, 2016 04:05PM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) So my brother composes extremely awesome music, of the epic classical, orchestral, and piano versions. He is working on some sample clips right now, but is anyone interested in getting customized music for their book trailers OR a "theme song" so-to-speak for their book(s)?

I promise there will be sample clips up ASAP, but I'm seeing if this is even something worth pursuing for him. He mentioned interest in helping out, and this is what he's good at. Any takers?

Note: While he enjoys doing this, he also wants to make it worth his time while still keeping things affordable for authors, so his price per song will be $10 via PayPal.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah While I'm not personally doing a book trailer right now, I'll bet fairly-priced music would be popular here, esp if it can be tailored to one's trailer. Because the stuff on stock websites is EXPENSIVE, and then you have to find one that matches the length of your trailer...

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Landreneau | 12 comments So, I'm working on getting my ducks in a row to make myself a trailer, and I've been wondering about the music thing. I think the answer to one of my questions is implied in this thread.
Is it bad/stupid/illegal to use an existing song for a book trailer?

I'm getting the idea that the answer is yes.

Feels weird, as I still feel like un-noticeable indie small-fry. But the purpose of the video would be to get people to give Inkshares money, so I shouldn't use, say, a Fear Factory song in the background unless I've bought the rights to do so from Fear Factory, right?

If all that sounds correct, then, Tabi, I may have some work for your brother. What would I do, put the vid together and send it to him to score for me?

message 4: by April (new)

April J Summers | 6 comments Hi Tabi,
Does your brother have a website or a sample we could hear of his music?

message 5: by Sharek (new)

Sharek Gadd | 3 comments I purchased the rights for the music on my trailer for $20
There are thousands of artists with hundreds of songs out there.
Just do a search for music, purchase, public....
It's pretty simple and helps other creative people.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Landreneau | 12 comments I found great free music on freemusicarchive.org. You just have to check the licensing of the song, make sure it's one allowable for commercial use. Most of the ones found were "CC:BY," meaning good for commercial use, so long as you credit the musician.