Kids of Goodreads discussion

Random > What state or country do you live in?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cairn (last edited May 13, 2016 10:16AM) (new)

Cairn (cairnspinkcat) | 9 comments What is a fact about where you live? I live in Colorado. A saying here is if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes. Because the weather changes so often.

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy (joanne34) | 7 comments Not sure if I have a right to contribute here really, as I've got 2 younger kids and I'm a homeschooling mum, not a homeschooler!! Sorry about that. We live in Italy and we're British and German. Homeschooling is a new phenomenon here, but if you have no objection I can go onto the Italian homeschoolers forum and ask in the English language group if anyone has teenagers, and that they should look on Good Reads to find nice groups, like yours :-)

message 3: by Cairn (last edited Mar 06, 2016 06:23AM) (new)

Cairn (cairnspinkcat) | 9 comments Katy-Rome wrote: "Not sure if I have a right to contribute here really, as I've got 2 younger kids and I'm a homeschooling mum, not a homeschooler!! Sorry about that. We live in Italy and we're British and German. H..."
Well, get the kids on!!! And it's perfectly fine that you're in the group.

message 4: by Selkie (new)

Selkie (wolfinaonesie) | 5 comments I'm from Scotland, from a city that, according to Wikipedia, has three different nicknames; the Granite city, the Grey city and - the one I had never heard of before Googling it - the Silver City with the Golden Sands. And we have the third oldest university in Scotland.
So there you go. There's two facts about my location.

message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy (joanne34) | 7 comments I think I know that place :-)
As a child we used to get the overnight ferry from Aberdeen to Shetland (where we lived) when coming back from visiting my grandparents. Nostalgia!!!! Would it be cheeky to ask you a question or so about homeschooling in Scotland and whether you have any idea how one goes about getting Higher examinations? We live in Italy but eventually I'd think of Scottish universities for the kids.

message 6: by Katy (new)

Katy (joanne34) | 7 comments We live North of Rome, in Italy, in the Sabina hills (ever heard of the Rape of the Sabines?). Very beautiful. All olive groves, vinyards, rolling hills, and the mountains behind - currently covered in a lot of snow.

message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy (joanne34) | 7 comments Cairn wrote: "What is a fact about where you live? I live in Colorado. A saying here is if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes."

I went to Colorado in my teens, with my mum. It was really stunning. We went in a small plane and you could see right over that amazing landscape, I'll never forget it. And our friends brought us to a rodeo and a country dance - it was SO much fun!!! What friendly, warm people you guys are :-)

message 8: by Cairn (new)

Cairn (cairnspinkcat) | 9 comments Katy-Rome wrote: "Cairn wrote: "What is a fact about where you live? I live in Colorado. A saying here is if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes."

I went to Colorado in my teens, with my mum. It was really..."

<3 <3 :) Thank you!!

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin I live in Ohio