Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
7 views
Archive > Art Imitates Life

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11652 comments I have been watching my way through DEXTER, season by season, and it was only in Season 7 that they finally had a murderer named WAYNE. I guess someone hasn't been keeping up on the statistics.


message 2: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1255 comments Has there ever been a real murderer named Dexter?


message 3: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1078 comments I never got around to watching Dexter but I hear it is very good. I am wondering if there was a real Dexter out there in in prison?


message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Fishface wrote: "I have been watching my way through DEXTER, season by season, and it was only in Season 7 that they finally had a murderer named WAYNE. I guess someone hasn't been keeping up on the statistics."

Are there actual statistics on names are associated with murderers? If so, is there a link you can give me/us?


message 5: by Fishface (last edited Mar 01, 2016 07:51AM) (new)

Fishface | 11652 comments The Atlanta Child Murders: The Night StalkerShelley wrote: "Fishface wrote: "I have been watching my way through DEXTER, season by season, and it was only in Season 7 that they finally had a murderer named WAYNE. I guess someone hasn't been keeping up on th..."

Not that I'm aware. But there has been much discussion at the Shelfari TC group about the fact that there are a great many murderers out there named Wayne. A few examples:

Body Parts (Wayne Ford)
Closing Time: The True Story of the "Goodbar" Murder (John Wayne Wilson)
Killer Clown: The John Wayne Gacy Murders (John Wayne Gacy)
Mass Murder in Houston (Wayne Henley)
The Atlanta Child Murders: The Night Stalker (Wayne Williams)

Here's a more exhaustive list:
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/wayne.html


message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1255 comments If you meet someone named Ray Wayne Lee, run. Fast.


message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11652 comments K.A. wrote: "If you meet someone named Ray Wayne Lee, run. Fast."
Or Wayne Alan Lee, who prefers his childhood nickname, Ray.


message 8: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3326 comments Mod
I think we need this: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.