Bibliophile Academy discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Hypebusters March 2016 > Hypebusters Picks + Ideas

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette (myriadinklings) | 12 comments On this thread, you can post what your choice is for our March read-along which is Hypebusters (a hyped up book you've seen before but never read). Feel free to post other ideas for anyone who is looking for inspiration on what to read :)

message 2: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette (myriadinklings) | 12 comments For our Hypebuster month, I'll be reading "City of Bones" (The Mortal Instruments Book #1). I've tried to pick it up before but it just didn't click with me. However, a lot of people have told me that I really do need to give this series another try so I decided to pick it up as my hypebuster :)

If I have time, I would also like to read "A Darker Shade of Magic" and/or "The Young Elites"

message 3: by mariel (new)

mariel (iamyel) | 3 comments I'm reading City of Bones as well. As it is a re-read for me also, I was hoping that I could engross myself into the story once again, but so far, it's not going very successfully. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book~! :)

message 4: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Collison (kvcatnip) I'm reading The Hunger Games! I've never read them because of the hype, so this makes sense to read now.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (thenerdygirlsbook) | 3 comments I've decided to finish the Lunar Chronicles (Cress, Fairest, Winter)! I've been wanted to read them and now I have perfect excuse!

message 6: by Tawallah (new)

Tawallah Hopefully I'll be able to read either of these:
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard or A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray

Larkin (Wonderfilled Reads) (wonderfilledreads) My choices this month are newer released hyped books and I'm reading a few for bookstagram book clubs but they work for this too! I hope to read Truthwitch, Me Before You, I'll Give You the Sun, A Darker Shade of Magic, and The Love That Split The World!

Cam (justabookeater) (justabookeater) | 7 comments My pick of the month is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell! I already started it and so far so awesome. I love her writing to bits

message 9: by Veronika (new)

Veronika (veronika96) I'm thinking about reading books that are popular as a book and as a movie - e.g. The Martian, The Revenant, Room, The Book Thief - or ones that will soon be made into movies - like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, The BFG, A Monster Calls (reread). Anyone interested in buddy-reading either one of these? :D

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (berry_bookish) | 3 comments I'll be reading A Darker Shade of Magic and hopefully the sequel, A Gathering of Shadows for my #hypebusters! It's also the series of the month for The Royal Readers club so it works out perfectly for me :-)

Also be reading Between Shades of Gray which has it's own hype and I'm excited to read that, too!

and if I get in the mood for some YA fantasy, I might read The Kiss of Deception which has enormous hype :P

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danipitter) | 14 comments I'm still reading Love, Rosie and then I have a book review tour for Meritropolis by Joel Ohmen. Hope it lives up to the summary's hype lol!

message 12: by Thea (new)

Thea Rosemary (thearosemary) For this theme, I'll probably be reading multiple books, but my first pick was We Were Liars, which I just finished yesterday (and yes, I loved it).

message 13: by Libby (new)

Libby (ailish) | 1 comments Veronika wrote: "I'm thinking about reading books that are popular as a book and as a movie - e.g. The Martian, The Revenant, Room, The Book Thief - or ones that will soon be made into movies - like Miss Peregrine'..."

Hi!! I'm new here - but you mentioned "The BFG" (which meant A LOT to me as a kid!) I'll be glad to reread it! & Miss Peregrine is on my list! It's on another book club as the read for the month. There are SO many I haven't read. (Darker Shade of Magic, Carry On, etc)

The Book Thief & Room are two I've wanted to read! So many books & so little time!

message 14: by Reese (new)

Reese (wordsofmarvel) | 2 comments I will read 'Cress' by Marissa Meyer. I read the first two books months ago, glad I can finally picking up the series!

message 15: by Zainab (new)

Zainab (zainabmariyah) For hyperbusters, I picked "Anna and the French Kiss" - a book I had never come around to reading it, even though my friend constantly recommended me that book. And in addition to that, I'd like to give "I'll Give You the Sun" a go, this month.

message 16: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Moore (jordanmouse) | 1 comments At the moment I am reading Angels & Demons as a friend recommended (even bought it for me) so I could read it and the others in the series. I know there's not a huge hype about it at the moment, but I know there was when the movies came out.
I will be reading Lady Midnight when it comes into my mailbox though and I'm sure I'll be getting to at least a couple more books this month too :)
I have a lot of books on my to-read lists and a lot of the recent ones I have seen a decent amount of hype about!

message 17: by Gaby (new)

Gaby  (gabrielaalejandra25) | 3 comments My picks are Me Before You & An Ember in the Ashes :) I've been neglecting these books for a while now but hopefully I'll like them

message 18: by Gaby (new)

Gaby  (gabrielaalejandra25) | 3 comments Aria wrote: "For hyperbusters, I picked "Anna and the French Kiss" - a book I had never come around to reading it, even though my friend constantly recommended me that book. And in addition to that, I'd like to..."
"I'll Give You the Sun" is amazing. One of my favorite books. Hope you get to read it :) I enjoyed Anna as well so hope you like that one too.

message 19: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia (Serial Bibliophile) (serialbibliophile) I went out of the YA zone and picked Hyperbole and a Half Hyperbole and a Half Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh
it's full of stories and comics, very different of what I'm used to reading.

It was a Goodread's Choice Winner for 2013, it got a LOT of hype and it has very high ratings so I thought I'd give it a try. So far? HILARIOUS.

message 20: by Sarah - (new)

Sarah - Reading Rebellion (officiallizardqueen) | 6 comments I'm going to read City of Bones :D

message 21: by Ruzaika (new)

Ruzaika (notyourhijabi) Jordan wrote: "At the moment I am reading Angels & Demons as a friend recommended (even bought it for me) so I could read it and the others in the series. I know there's not a huge hype about it at the moment, bu..."

Me Before You is a definite MUST!! I'm yet to pick up An Ember in the Ashes, but MBY is something I'd highly recommend! Hope you enjoy it! :))

message 22: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Vélez (booksthetics) | 4 comments Mod
Hey, everyone! My pick for Hypebusters! is none other than Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (thanks to Taylor for that)! Next to everyone and their mom has read and loved at least one Colleen Hoover book, and I, for some reason, have not. I'm expecting a lot of feels and all that jazz, and MY BODY IS SO READY! (perhaps not, though)

message 23: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) My picks are Cress by Marissa Meyer as I'm slowly getting into the hyped Lunar series, and also Me Before You- if I get the time. I know it's not that hyped but I only found out about it because of bookstagram and I'd like to read it before the movie comes out :)

message 24: by Sam (new)

Sam (samfalston) | 3 comments I will also be reading Anna and the French Kiss :)
It's been on my tbr pile for so long, this is a good excuse to set aside some time for it.

message 25: by Valy (new)

Valy P. | 2 comments This month I'll be reading again the first books of some series that I want to finish, like TMI and the Lunar Chronicles. Then I'll be reading "The Winner's Curse" and "The Forbidden Wish". I can't stop thinking about this last one. I read the first chapters thanks to NetGalley and I loved them :)

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Marquez  (nika_leann) | 3 comments City of Bones

message 27: by Nelly (new)

Nelly Alikyan | 1 comments I only just joined this group but I happen to be reading the perfect book for this challenge at the moment. I'm reading "Throne of Glass." Not entirely living up to the hype so far.

message 28: by Alex (new)

Alex (lauzona) | 2 comments Half way through the month but I've picked up Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine! Excited to see if this is as good as everyone says it is!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.