The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SPRING CHALLENGE 2016 > 25.3 - Whitnie I's Task: Celebrate Spring

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Feb 29, 2016 04:19PM) (new)

Dlmrose | 17591 comments Mod
25.3 - Whitnie I's Task: Celebrate Spring

March 20 is the Vernal Equinox which marks the beginning of spring. It is also known as Ostara. This is a time of rebirth, celebration and fertility.

This is a two book challenge, read 1 book for each option.

Option 1: Read a book written by an author whose first and last name initials appear in the word OSTARA. If there are co-authors or multiple contributors all of the authors' initials must fit.

Option 2: Since spring is a time of change and renewal. Read a NONFICTION book found on the Best Self Help Books list.
Required: State which page your book can be found on when you post.

message 2: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments placeholder

message 3: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments placeholder

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

This help thread is open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7585 comments for option 1 - ignore middle names? (not that it matters since the person i picked has all 3 initials in OSTARA)

message 6: by Christi (new)

Christi Reynard | 370 comments Checking: Tim O'Brien fits the OSTARA requirement...as long as you don't count the "B", yes?

message 7: by Dlmrose (last edited Apr 26, 2016 03:24AM) (new)

Christi wrote: "Checking: Tim O'Brien fits the OSTARA requirement...as long as you don't count the "B", yes?"

Mod note:
From FAQ

I. General default rules
A. If a task calls for author’s initials, what name do I use for the last initial?
While there are great variations in names, we work with the general rule that the author’s last name is the final word in the name that is preceded by a space.
The name as it appears on Goodreads will be used.

Tim O'Brien = TO

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tim O'Brien (other topics)