YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Art of Not Breathing
This topic is about The Art of Not Breathing
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The Art of Not Breathing (ARC) by Sarah Alexander, Starting March 4th 2016

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments
Since her twin brother, Eddie, drowned five years ago, sixteen-year-old Elsie Main has tried to remember what really happened that fateful day on the beach. One minute Eddie was there, and the next he was gone. Seventeen-year-old Tay McKenzie is a cute and mysterious boy that Elsie meets in her favorite boathouse hangout. When Tay introduces Elsie to the world of freediving, she vows to find the answers she seeks at the bottom of the sea.

Feel free to join :)

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments I'm going to start this tonight. anyone else joining in?

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I did not abandon this.. I've been extremely busy the last couple of days but I'll start this tonight!

message 4: by Melek (last edited Mar 08, 2016 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melek (chaissar) I've started this just today. Is anyone reading it right now?

Edit: I finished it, so never mind guys. :/

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Melek wrote: "I've started this just today. Is anyone reading it right now?

Edit: I finished it, so never mind guys. :/"

sorry just saw this.. wow! good job on finishing it.. I'm currently @ chapter 11 .. I find it a bit like The Lovely Bones

Melek (chaissar) I haven't read it, but looking at the blurb, they do sound a little too similar. I'm considering reading that one too, though 3.75/5 doesn't sound very good.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments ratings isn't an indication of anything .. give it a shot! you might like it.. Personally, I liked it better than the movie..

so, how was this??? .. I see you've given it 4 stars

Melek (chaissar) I liked it very much, more than I thought I would to be honest. I felt captivated to read more and more and I couldn't stop until I finished it. I thought the writing needs a little more polishing, because the characters just don't seem to be feeling anything, just are said to be feeling bad, but the rest was all right. I liked Dillon and the father the most.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Melek wrote: "I liked it very much, more than I thought I would to be honest. I felt captivated to read more and more and I couldn't stop until I finished it. I thought the writing needs a little more polishing,..."

that's promising.. I'm actually intrigued (view spoiler) it's what makes me want to continue.. besides the mystery of it all ofc..

Melek (chaissar) I liked her attitude towards it that, though I thought it was more about her guilt. I'm still not sure if I liked her or not in general, but I like her with him.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Part 2, chapter 12 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Melek wrote: "I liked her attitude towards it that, though I thought it was more about her guilt. I'm still not sure if I liked her or not in general, but I like her with him."

(view spoiler)

Melek (chaissar) I agree. No one is even trying to hide that they know something, they just don't bother telling her! It's irritating.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ending (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Sorry uni has been blasting me ASAP!

(view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Chapter 12: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Part Three: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Part Four: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Part Five: (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10608 comments Just realised that this is a buddy read, and it's on my TBR pile...hoping it's not too similar to We Were Liars.

Karen Barber | 10608 comments Chapters 1-5. Immediately sucked in. Curious to know what she means about Eddie still being around.

Karen Barber | 10608 comments Read to ch12. Free diving...not what I expected, but am guessing at romance with Tay.

Karen Barber | 10608 comments Finished part 2. Can only imagine what awful things Elsie's family are hiding!

Karen Barber | 10608 comments Part 3 - the family are imploding. This is messy, and I think it's about to get a whole lot worse.

Karen Barber | 10608 comments Raw. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would at the start.