Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Movies & TV > Vikings

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 497 comments Mod
Has anyone gotten into this show? I've seen a few episodes and it looks interesting. The first season is on Amazon right now, so I might watch it to catch up.

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 57 comments I didn’t start watching until the second season, but I really like what I’ve seen so far.

I don’t know that part of history much, so I can’t complain about inaccuracies, but I’m going to Sweden soon so I need to research! I’m really picky about historical inaccuracies when it comes to books…

Plus it stars an Australian guy and the two lead women are Ukrainian and Australian – I’m Ukrainian-Australian, so I have to like it!

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 80 comments I've been meaning to check it out but its not on Netflix or Hulu.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The second season finale is this week in the States. I hope you guys get a chance to watch it, as it really is a great series. Gotta love Ragnor!!

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 25 comments I love it! Largatha is my favorite character. She is so strong.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "I love it! Largatha is my favorite character. She is so strong."

Oh I know! I want to be Largatha when I grow up! :)

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 25 comments haha! Me too. She stands her ground and don't put up with any crap. Ragnor's wife is very suspect with me. I never warmed up to her.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

@Samantha, I don't know if you are caught up to this second season but we are probably going to get left with a serious cliffhanger.

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 25 comments I'm all caught up. I know what you mean.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 216 comments I really love this series. I don't know much about the viking culture or this point in history so I am not to critical of the show. But, I sure enjoy the storyline and all the brully warriors sure to help keep me interested. Plus one of the Skarsgard brothers is in it and I really enjoy watching them.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 25 comments I love Rollo too. He caught my attention this season. I don't know if it is spot on historically. It is brutal but it doesn't bother me.

message 12: by Moonlight (new)

Moonlight | 32 comments I watched the first season. I really liked it. I found it a nice change in perspective since I grew up on stories of King Arthur where the Vikings were always the bad guys!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Being that it is on the History channel, you would like to think that some of it is accurate. Either way it is a great show and the season finale last week was awesome!

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara Swynn (karaswynn) | 24 comments Season finale was AWESOME! My life will not be the same without my weekly dose of Ragnar!

message 15: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 497 comments Mod
I watched the first season, but I missed the entire second season. I'm going to have to wait for a marathon. :(

message 16: by James (new)

James Loftus I find it unconvincing as far as a depiction of Viking culture. The Viking horde descending on civilised Europe must have been terrifying. It was like a crashing wave descending with great power to ebb out to a trickle of nothing.

message 17: by MommaBear (new)

MommaBear I watch on my DVR, then go to the show's site on History.com and read the extras, the historical q&a for just about every episode. Lots of real info woven into the fiction!

message 18: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Newman | 3 comments I love it, on the second series now. Good show.

message 19: by Toni (new)

Toni | 19 comments Love it. Just upset its over and now have to wait til 2016 for the third season!!! I hate that. This season finale was great.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

It seems like this season went so fast! I agree Toni, it was a great finale. Ragnar is still as smart and cunning as he always is.

message 21: by Unidragonfrag (new)

Unidragonfrag It's not exactly historically accurate, but it's pretty cool! We bought the first season, even.

message 22: by Toni (new)

Toni | 19 comments I agree Marla. It went by way to fast. What I love about that show is that what you think is gona happen never really does. And I love Lagertha (or however you spell her name) she is one strong woman!!! I wanna be her. Lol. Just wish Vikings was on longer and more than once a year. Sigh. Can't wait till the next season!