Falling Stars discussion

Falling Stars book group

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrice (new)

Patrice | 7 comments Mod
We started this group for Maddie and Sammie so we can keep in touch with them and hear about their great adventures. Since we all love the book The Fault in Our Stars, this can be our first topic of discussion. How many times have you read this book? What was your favorite part, what made you laugh or cry? Please post responses and invite your friends to join. We'll learn about some great books, and about some great ports of sail from Maddie and Sammie.
created 4.30.14 PKD

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris Springer (kespring) | 2 comments Love this book so much & can't wait for the movie! The buzz (on the movie) is that it's fantastic. Favorite part of the book is the wit of the 2 characters and how perfect they were for each other. Very happy that John Green's book has gotten so much love.

Are we also supposed to recommend other great books? In the teen vein, one of my faves is Going Bovine by Libba Bray. Very funny, witty book. Surprising from beginning to end. Highly recommended!

message 3: by Patrice (new)

Patrice | 7 comments Mod
Thanks for posting Kris, yes I was going to ask for suggestions for another book. I have heard that Going Bovine is a great book. Any other suggestions? Do we all want to read the same book and discuss? Let's share some ideas to make this a fun and interesting book club.

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Hellwig (firstmatemaddie) | 5 comments Another few great books are Mila 2.0; Under the Never Sky; all Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus books; any Gail Carson book; and Let It Snow(it's by 3 authors; one is John Green.

message 5: by Patrice (new)

Patrice | 7 comments Mod
Any other suggestions? How would you like to have one book every month for discussion?

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Hellwig (firstmatemaddie) | 5 comments I like that idea! As long as I have WiFi, I should be able to contribute.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris Springer (kespring) | 2 comments Should the books we choose be ones that Maddie can download from OverDrive or another e-reader service?

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Hellwig (firstmatemaddie) | 5 comments Kris: I have a Kindle that I use. I download books from mcdl.com (my local library in OH), but I have some money saved in Amazon gift cards that I can use to buy books if they aren't available from the library.