Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dawn's February 2016 Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments Since I'm just starting The Verdict, I won't be finishing anything more by tonight.

Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz - will probably be one of my best reads of the year. Great new series with a great character! Trained from childhood covertly as an assassin, Evan is putting his skills to good use. He's being tracked - who is after him and why? 5/5

Lassiter; State vs Lassiter; Habeas Porpoise; and Bum Rap by Paul Levine
Got caught up to date with the Lassiter and the Solomon vs Lord series which come together in Bum Rap. Easy and entertaining reads. 4/5

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments Good month with what looks like all good reads!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14293 comments Dawn: I hope you like The Verdict, I am enjoying it! I look forward to reading Orphan X soon too.

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2964 comments Nice to see you make it through the Levine's, and that he is writing again!

message 5: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments Orphan X sounds interesting. (Hope his reason for being an orphan wasn't his newfound profession).

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments Dan, I think you'd like it. I don't think its a spoiler to say he was an orphan before he was chosen to be part of a covert program.

Barry, thank you for the Levine recommendation several months back. I did enjoy. I wonder if the two series will continue as one now.

I am enjoying The Verdict! Its a good choice for the group read.

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2964 comments I'm putting Orphan X on my list.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments I don't think you'll be disappointed!

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments I don't think you'll be disappointed!

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments Two interesting selections, Dawn! I haven't read a Levine in some time. Orphan X does sound intriguing.