Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Boomer Romance, 60K completed novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D (new)

D Reed Whittaker (dreedwhittaker) | 3 comments Like beta to be an early Boomer, since my main characters are in their mid-sixties. This is the first book of a five book series (so far). Just back from the developmental editor. After pruning, it is just under 60K. I want it to be closer to 70K. That is what I'd like from you - where can it be better developed. I generally eschew description and narrative, in favor of dialogue. That might be the best place to start. My intent is to cast our generation in a favorable light. My characters are competent and likable. It's not sexually graphic, though sex is an essential element. My focus is on the evolving relationship. I'm trying to make the case for soulmates. You'll tell me if I'm successful.

I'd like us to form a long-standing relationship that will see us through other books. Note: I'm not limiting myself to our generation, but that can wait for another time. For now, the focus is on MarieAnne and Steve. If it's at all helpful, there's a first chapter pdf available at www.dreedwhittaker.com, together with more background.

Thank you for your time and interest. Hope you like what you see and want to be a part of this journey.

message 2: by C.A. (new)

C.A. (cande) | 3 comments While I am not a Beta reader as such, I am a reader, an author, and a late 50's Boomer so I will give it a look! I have also found myself single at my age and am in a fairly new relationship which was difficult after a 30 year marriage, 3 children and 5 grandchildren. ;)

message 3: by D (new)

D Reed Whittaker (dreedwhittaker) | 3 comments Thank you. How would you like to proceed? I'm new to this forum.

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Umbaugh | 378 comments Hi,

Just sent you a PM.

Sharon