What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Girl with supernatural/magic powers raised by uncle

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott | 2 comments So this girl is a martial artist, she is in her teens and has been training for a fight with a devil or some sort of creature. The creature is her farther and her power comes from him. She is raised by her uncle? and he is training her, now the most notable thing is that he creates weapons. The weapons are made then ground up and then fed to pigeons who eat the metal and then poop it out the metal is now stronger and his record for repeating the process is 7 times. Now also in the book there are two boys one boy has power the other is the boys friend. Now the boy with power tries to impress the girl by making the butter flies in her room come to life but this freaks her out and she sends him away. Also they find the entrance to the supernatural world/hell and then go there the boy with no powers goes even though he is told not to and has to fight in this arena. In the arena he is forced to fight this big spider which in the end kills him and when he is being remade by god, god keeps asking if he wants to make new changes to his body but the boy says no just the way i was which god does but makes him better. This is a more modern setting style book. Any help/suggestions welcome

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments I don't think this is right, but it's ringing a bell or two for me: Live and Let Shop

If not -- how long ago did you read this? Do you remember anything about the cover? What was the age range for the book?

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 2 comments It was a young adult book

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
Scott, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
No response, moving to Abandoned.