Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Titles that aren't mine

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Feb 29, 2016 07:48AM) (new)

David | 6 comments I recently asked for my 2 books (Eternal Horizon) series to be distinct from another author who has the same name, and it worked, but whenever I updated my profile, there they are under my list of books. The other guy is David Roman with an accent over the O. It's crazy because his bio even found itself to my Amazon page. Can someone please either show me how or remove all the other titles from my profile?

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19998 comments Moved the other books from your profile.

message 3: by David (new)

David | 6 comments Yes!!! Thank you very, very much

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19998 comments Goodreads uses spaces between first and last name to separate authors with the same name. Your profile was the default 1-space profile, where all books that were imported by Goodreads end up.
To avoid having to ask repeatedly to have books moved from your profile, I have contacted Goodreads Support, and they moved your profile to the 3-space profile. This has no effect on search or visibility, but it prevents that all these or other books are added again to your profile.

message 5: by David (new)

David | 6 comments Perfect. I appreciate it and will avoid messing with my info to prevent this from happening.

message 6: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19998 comments David wrote: "It's crazy because his bio even found itself to my Amazon page"

If information on Amazon is not correct, you'll have to contact Amazon. We can't help you with that.

message 7: by David (new)

David | 6 comments Okay, thank you. I have an author account with them as well. I'll contact them.

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Lange (chrislange) | 21 comments A book that isn't mine has appeared on my author's page. Could you please remove it?
Thanks a lot!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 9: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments #8: Book moved.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Lange (chrislange) | 21 comments Thank you.