Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

Persuasion
This topic is about Persuasion
Book of the Month Archives > March 2016-Persuasion by Jane Austen

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Persuasion is the winner of our Classic Book of the Month. Tell us if you love it or hate it or just are not sure how you feel about it.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 236 comments I'm excited for this book too! I wanted to read more Jane Austen this year and this one was the most curious to me. I've seen a couple of film adaptations of it but I was never able to get to the book itself. This is my chance. It'll be perfect to listen to the audio book while I'm doing some crocheting and tatting!

message 3: by Andrea (new) - added it

Barbara wrote: "I'm excited for this book too! I wanted to read more Jane Austen this year and this one was the most curious to me. I've seen a couple of film adaptations of it but I was never able to get to the b..."

I will probably be doing the audio for it myself as I have a ton of things to do around the house right now after everyone has been sick or hurt.

Valé  (eggy18) | 59 comments This one is my all-time fav from Jane Austen. I rather Cpt Wentworth than Mr Darcy if I'm honest. But I'll let you all decide : -)

message 5: by Andrea (new) - added it

Lenny wrote: "This one is my all-time fav from Jane Austen. I rather Cpt Wentworth than Mr Darcy if I'm honest. But I'll let you all decide : -)"

Oh my you like someone more than Mr. Darcy. Well I have to say that I am all about Mr. Darcy. I've read Pride and Prejudice more times than I can count. I do want to read this one and I hope to be doing so soon since I'll be doing a lot of cleaning in the coming days.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this a long time ago, and I know I liked it at the time. I may add it to my classic re-reads since it has been so long!

message 7: by Andrea (new) - added it

I have not yet read this. I have been meaning to and I just haven't. I need to dedicate a month where I just read classics.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I have read some this year as part of an old book challenge

message 9: by Andrea (new) - added it

I have a bunch of classics that I wish to read.