Read by Theme discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What We're Reading > March 2016: Set in Canada

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 82 comments Happy Leap Day, everyone! I hope that Space was an interesting change of pace. Maybe in honor of The Martian, an Oscar nominee? We are sticking with the theme of settings and are now heading to Canada. This month's winner is Books Set in Canada.

Check out these interesting lists for some ideas:

Books Set in Canada
Young Adult Books Set in Canada
The Globe Books 100: Best Canadian Fiction

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic in the month's folder (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

And don't forget to vote on the poll for April's theme. The poll for May's theme is now open!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I think I will give Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #1) by Louise Penny a try.

It is a mystery set in Canada. I don't read a lot of mystery but it sounds good.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (eden1013) Melissa wrote: "I think I will give Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #1) by Louise Pennya try.

It is a mystery set in Canada. I don't read a lot of mystery but it sounds good."

I've read that and enjoyed it. I'm going to try the next one in the series A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny .

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 57 comments I am going to read A Map of Glass for this month's challenge.

message 5: by Silver (new)

Silver I just started reading The Rebel Angels

I really enjoyed Davies Deptford Trilogy and have been wanting to read more works by him.

message 6: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (flux336) | 41 comments The typo in the thread title is a little distracting. Cananda?

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 82 comments I'll fix it, but it seems like everyone knows what it means.

message 8: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (flux336) | 41 comments Jackie wrote: "I'll fix it, but it seems like everyone knows what it means."

:)

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments I will be reading Chronicles of Avonlea by L M Montgomery, one of my favourite authors, Chronicles of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

message 10: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (flux336) | 41 comments Anne wrote: "I will be reading Chronicles of Avonlea by L M Montgomery, one of my favourite authors, Chronicles of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery"

It's been so long since of read them! I should find them again.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.