Utopian World discussion

Middle Plate > Lillian Wishing Well

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Eoraptor (last edited Apr 04, 2016 04:41AM) (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments Nakoto smiled as he brought his baby brother Mako the well and handed him a penny, "Now I want you to throw this into that well over there and make the biggest wish you can think off, but don't tell me what you wish because if you do it won't come true," he said with chuckle, as his brother took the coin from his hands and ran over to the well as fast as his little legs could carry them. Meanwhile Nako watched contently and enjoyed this rare peaceful moment that he was having with his brother.

message 3: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Talini 'didn't know' what brought her to this place, she'd been wandering around before stumbling across the wishing well. To tell the truth, her mind had subconsciously guided her to the location. There were many thing she'd wished to come true, but she'd never actually thrown a penny into the well and pray. For example, like hoping a chocolate cake would magically appear in front of her without her having to cook and cast some spells, getting new clothes and bringing her Godfather back to life. She knew the last one was impossible, but a girl could dream. As for Talini, she'd always loved to wonder "what if". Today she was wearing a light blue Furisode with sakura petals and snowflake patterns imprinted on it; the sleeves were rather long, covering a few of the almost invisible marks. It was a good thing, and no one knew of the scarrings. Plus, she could heal them with her powers; she was just too lazy to do it. Her thoughts were broken off by two voices and she followed them absentmindedly. Upon coming across a clearing, she caught sight of two boys, one ordering the other to make a wish. Talini hid behind a nearby tree, peering over to watch the scene. She'd always wanted a sibling. As she zoned out, the certain spot on the tree where her hands were placed began to crystallize and freeze without her knowing. Her ice powers had gone out of control again.

message 4: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments Nako waited until his brother was safe distance away from the well before with the stealthy grace of a cat, he pounced upon his red headed sibling, showing the poor child with tickles and roses. The little pixie laughed as he wiggled out of his elder's grip and before they knew it the two were runing circles around each other without a care in the world. So content were they in there play that they didn't notice the frost fairy watching them from behind a nearby tree. Where a gust of wind decided to lift the massager cap off the elder's head and place it on a branch not to fair from the pairs audience.

message 5: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Talini watched the boy with white, unkempt hair tackle his red headed brother with curiosity. All the while she wondered what it was like to feel affection like that. She herself had just recently found her own mother so she really didn't know; she had her Godfather who was now deceased, but that was fatherly love. She couldn't help suppress her blossoming happiness inside of her when the two siblings started running around and a soft chuckle escaped her lips at the sight. It was then a gust of wind blew off the messenger cap off the white haired boy and landed on a branch next to her. Talini blinked rapidly, her eyes changing from blue to yellow in seconds before settling on the latter color. She tentatively stepped out of her hiding place and bent over to pick up the cap, her bluish black and white hair hanging down and framing her face. "I believe that you dropped this," she quietly said in her silvery voice and proceeded to walk towards the elder brother. She hadn't really socialized with many people during the past years and she was feeling rather giddy inside. The tip of the cap crystallized and she gasped a little when she looked down at it. "Whoops...haha! I didn't mean to do that," she handed the cap over.

message 6: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments Nakoto smile politely as he stopped horsing around and took the the hat from the obviously flustered frost fairy. He was about to thank her, when the little red head, seeing the prospect of a new playmate, ran up to the pair and began to talk in the excited tone that only a two year and old could ever hope of performing, "Hi I'm Nako, I can turn into fox! Do you want to play with us! Big brother always comes up with the best games even if he wears funny hats!"

message 7: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) When the red haired child ran up towards them and started rambling, Talini had the urge to pick him up, spin him around and use him as a teddy bear. The child was simply adorable, and she couldn't help but grin as he invited her to join their game. She bent down slightly so her eye level was almost parallel to his, her yellow eyes piercing into his. "Really? That's so cool! I'm Talini, and I can erm, freeze stuff," she told him and offered an icy cold hand to shake. She stiffled a giggle at the last part of of his sentence. "That'll be nice, and I would love to join...if that's okay with your brother."

message 8: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments "Really! Cool," Mako said in wide eyed awed as he shook the girls hand, to excited to even noticed her cold touché. When she said that she could with his brothers permission he morphed into a fluffy little fox kit and with the biggest puppy dog eyes imaginable pleaded, "PLEASE BIG BROTHER! CAN SHE?!"

Nakoto alternated between embarrassment and annoyance while his brother rambled on. True he did love his little brother more than anything, but he'd taught him to be cautious around strangers. So it was of an annoyance to see his teachings completely disregarded, and was the hat comment really needed. Still he couldn't stay upset with the little menace for long, especially with those eyes, and the frost fairy seemed trustworthy enough. So he relented, "Oh all right."

message 9: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Talini let out a small squeak when Mako shapeshifted into a baby fox. She would've scooped him up in her arms had his brother not been a little intimidating. It wasn't like she was scared of him; she didn't have a reason to be. She understood he was cautious and he had the right to be too, because in her mind all species who had some common sense in their head wouldn't go up to strangers, and she got that he was protective of his younger sibling. She eyed the white haired boy with an unreadable expression while slowly succumbing to her own, other world. He was definitely from the Middle Plate or above, and he certainly didn't give off the vampire and werewolf vibe, which means..."you're one of us," she broke the silence while conjuring a snowball for Mako to play with. "I don't bite, for your information."

message 10: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments "If you mean that I'm one of the fair folk then yes I am, a pixie to be exact," Nako said, while his brother played with the snowball. "Oh yeah, forgive me for being paranoid. It's just that little Mako and I have being living on our own for a while now and we haven't had the best track record with strangers. Names Nakoto by the way."

message 11: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) "Oh! I'm a..." Talini trailed off. Dark Faery Countess, the words remained unspoken in her head. She nodded understandingly at his explanation and raised her eyebrows when he told her they didn't have a particularly good history with strangers. She was curious and she wanted to know, of course, but she wasn't going to force him to open up. One, because she hated doing so and two, if she were in his place she'd have ran for the hills already. "I see. Nice to meet you, Nakoto." At his formal tone and language, she decided to make him loosen up. Everyone had their own story to tell, after all. "I think your brother's waiting for a game to start," she pointed out before throwing a snowball at his shoulder.

message 12: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments "Pleasure to meet you," Nako said as the snow connected with his shoulder causing him to chuckle as he morphed into a beautiful white wolf and took off running again with his little brother not far behind yi ping and barking happily as they they zigzagged around in the hoes of avoiding any upcoming snowballs.

message 13: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) ((Sorry that I'm taking so long to reply, I'm busy with schoolwork and I've got loads of rps to respond too xD))

Talini watched in amazement when Nakoto morphed into a white wolf; looks like he possessed the ability to shapeshift then, she thought. She wondered what else could he do. As he and his brother used their animal forms in advantage to dodge her snowballs, she let out a carefree laugh. "Clever," she remarked at their plan. "But you can't avoid this!" she called out with a smile on her face and thumped her foot on the ground, freezing the floor and creating an ice rink in order to make the siblings slip. She wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, but the girl just wanted to have fun.

message 14: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments The two brothers where so focused in running about that they didn't notice the ground freeze underneath them and while the pair made many attempts to get up. They only ended up slipping and sliding around like idiots until they steaded themselves long enough to change into birds and take to the air so that the game could begin anew.

message 15: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Talini burst into fits of giggles at their reactions before composing herself again. She felt like her meeting with the two was going nowhere, and this wasn't the sort of 'game' she was expecting to play with them. "Hey," she called out to the elder brother. "Aren't you going to make a wish as well?" she inquired while taking a coin out of her own pocket.

((I feel like this is going nowhere though...do you have any plans for them?))

message 16: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments ((No I don't unless something pops up these two are just going to be running around enjoying themselves. However Tali could learn some more about their past if she asks about Nako's glass eye or where their parents are?))

message 17: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) ((That could work, you could have him reply, she'll notice and they could open up to each other))

message 18: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments ((Okay then we'll go with that, she could also notice that Nako dresses like delivery slave if you wanted.))

"No, but I guess it couldn't hurt," Nako replied taking a moment to catch his breath before shifting back into his true form and taking the coin she offered to the well to make a wish. However unknown to him all this horseplay had moved the hair away from his glass eye, placing it in clear view of Talini.

message 19: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Talini handed Nako the coin and was about to turn around to play with Mako when she noticed his windswept hair had blown aside and revealed a red eye that looked rather glassy, rather than a purple one. She crept up to him and peered at his side face. "Hey," she tapped his shoulder. "Can I ask you something? What's with one of your eyes?" After sizing him up and looking him up and down she frowned slightly, realizing so many things about him she didn't notice in the first place. What was he, a milkboy?

message 20: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments "I was stab in the eye by a demon with an iron spike when I was young, he took my wings as well," Nako answered though he really wish he didn't have two and she hadn't asked. They'd been having such great fun, why did she have to bring that up.

message 21: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Woah, that escalated quickly. Talini shifted her weight on her foot as she processed what had just happened. What had just happened, honestly? "Sorry," her serene voice spoke up again. "For asking you something so personal," she apologized with a bow. "But if you ever want to talk about stuff, I'm always here. You can trust me, although we've known each other for a few...minutes. Everyone's got their own story to tell," she told him and pulled out a coin for herself. She headed towards the well and made her wish quietly before throwing it in.

message 22: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments "It's alright you didn't know, jus think before you ask next time," Nako asked with a sigh as he finally dropped coin into the well, not sure of what his wish should be."Thank you Tali, I'll tell you what I can, but first tell me more about yourself as it's only fair."

message 23: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) Talini was dumbfounded by his answer; she had put thought before asking him, but apparently it wasn't enough. He was right, she should've considered the matter before asking. "Point taken," she smiled apologetically before sitting on the grass and smoothing her furisode. What was there to tell? "You could say...that I'm not supposed to be alive at this very moment," she broke the silence after a moment. "My family history isn't in the best light, Nako. It's complicated, really, it dates back to centuries earlier. I might as well story-tell it to you," she chuckled humorlessly and the smile never reached her eyes. "Once upon a time, a Dark Faer Folk clan once lived. The clan held great power, but they reaped chaos and terror every where, nothing besides that. So when the Countess gave birth to a baby daughter, the Count decided to celebrate...by slaughtering a town," she paused to think of how to continue the story. "Before the 'party' could start, Light Forces gathered and attacked the Dark. The Count died in trying to save his wife and daughter, and the Countess had supposedly died with him. Before she did, she handed her newborn child to her ten handmaids. They too were killed, but a knight rescued the baby girl. He traveled far away and raised the daughter as his own, claiming he was her Godfather. He didn't keep her true ancestry a secret from her though, and she took things in pretty well. He taught her everything he knew, and light magic was one of them. On her ninth birthday though, light forces arrived at their small cottage and intended to capture the new ‘Dark Countess’, not knowing she had more light than dark in her. The knight was slain in front of her very eyes. She slaughtered the light forces and fled," she told him. The story wasn't over yet, but it was more than enough for someone she had just met.

message 24: by Eoraptor (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 107 comments As Nako listened to Tali's story a million thoughts ran through his mind. All the pain, sorrow and bloodshed, why did it have touch so many innocence and was there a way to escape it. Still he managed to put those thoughts aside as he told his tale. "My tale isn't as epic as yours. I'm only a hundred and Mako's thirty and nether of us have lived anywhere outside the city. My parents were assassins working for one of the royal families and unfortunately they made the mistake of ticking off a particularly powerful demon. Who proceeded to murder them in front of my eyes and was about to do the same to Mako before I took a kitchen knife and stabbed him in the foot, which saved Mako, but he took my eyes and wings out of spite before leaving us to starve. After that we were lived under the care of a local priest before some traders mistook us for humans and sold us into slavery. We eventually escaped, but not before I had to stab our last a master, a vampire for trying to rape my little brother and drink him dry. After that I got a job running newspapers and we've been living in a small cottage not to far from here ever sense."

message 25: by May͛a (new)

May͛a (rhapsodyinblue) "Epic? I wouldn't say epic," Talini mused at this and leaned in slightly to hear him tell his tale. "A hundred isn't young either, in my opinion. Look at the lifespan of a human," she pointed out and motioned Mako to come closer and sit next to them when she learned of what had almost happened to him...and what happened to his elder brother. "I'm sorry," she told them both sincerely. "You didn't deserve to suffer like that. The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive. That's what people tell me all the time...but I don't think I'll ever truly forgive the light forces, and I don't think I'll ever forgive my own father for his cruelty," she took a deep breath. "Yes, the young countess that fled was me, the knight was my godfather, but I suppose you know that already. I went back to visit his grave every year, and one day I stumbled upon a woman. Turned out she was the former countess - my mother, that is - and that she was alive. We now rule over a small Faer Folk Town that settled near where my godfather and I once lived," she paused. "But I'm not like my own ancestors. My godfather taught me to use light more than dark. I can even feel it in my bones. I'm not like them," she said firmly to no one in particular. "I hope your job is enough to let you and Mako lead a decent life? You can always come visit my town if you want, and I like reading newspapers. I treasure a few articles and I keep the stash in boxes so that I can read them later again."