Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading February 29?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2104 comments Mod
I'm finishing up with Strong Signal by Megan Erikson and next up is Tempting Mr Townsend (novella series) by Anna Campbell.

message 2: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I just finished Home on Apple Blossom Road, #9 in Sheila Roberts's Icicle Falls series. Next are new novellas from Anna Campbell, Tempting Mr. Townsend, and Manda Collins, How to Woo a Widow.

message 3: by Manda (last edited Feb 29, 2016 09:21AM) (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1922 comments Mod
xo, Janga!

I finished the audiobook of Nora Roberts' The Liar on Friday. I enjoyed it, but the southern accents done by the narrator made my teeth itch, So I probably would have enjoyed it better if I'd read it. It was solid, though The Witness is now my high water mark for NR thrillers. And it didn't get there for me. Still, entertaining and I was glad I listened finally.

Followed that up with an ARC of Laura Griffin's May book Deep Dark which I really enjoyed though it was a really fast read. I don't think it was short, just read quickly.

Then, duh duh da dunh! I read Roxanne St.Clair's return to romantic suspense, Barefoot with a Bodyguard. It's not a perfect book for me, but it was so great to see her back in RS I didn't care. Also, there were mentions of Vivi and Colton from her Guardian Angelinos trilogy so I was happy:)

Now, I'm reading ARCs of Laura Griffin's upcoming two part novel that's the first book in her new Alpha Squad series, At the Edge: Alpha Crew Part 1 and Edge of Surrender]. It's an elite Seal Team--and I'm fairly certain this hero and heroine were in Beyond Limits, the one with FBI Agent Elizabeth LeBlanc and Navy Seal Derek Vaugh. So far it's really great. Reminds me of old school Suzanne Brockmann, which I've missed.

Sorry for writing a book--I just had a lot to report on!

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1203 comments I'm reading The Leopard Prince (last Monday's puzzler)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Leigh-Ayn me too! So far I think this series is cute! Lots of good books are coming out this month though! I'm getting excited

message 6: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1203 comments Oooh really? I need to find a list of new releases lol

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments These are the books that are coming out this month (:

Happily Bedded Bliss by Tracy Anne Warren - 1 March
Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare - 8 March
Six Degrees of Scandal - Caroline Linden -29 March
Because of Miss Bridgerton - 29 March

message 8: by Manda (new)

I wish there was a "like" button, Rachel!

message 9: by Janga (last edited Feb 29, 2016 06:18PM) (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Oooh really? I need to find a list of new releases lol"

Heroes and Heartbreakers does a monthly list with week-by-week releases divided by subgenres. Here's the link for March:
http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com...

message 10: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Today I have three new releases--Karen Templeton, Janice Kay Johnson and CS Harris.
Gonna be a good week.
Later this month there is in addition to those mentioned above Grace Burrowes and Sabrina Jeffries and I believe Julie James

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments I seem to be reading like crazy. Currently I am reading What a Lady Demands by Ashlyn Macnamara, I like it more than I did book 1. Next I'll be reading The Leopard Prince.

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm reading Tempting Mr. Townsend by Anna Campbell. It's the second novella in the Dashing Widows series. I'm sneaking it in between ARC's seeing as it's not too long. I've got Us to read and review before the 8th. I'm looking forward to another comfort zone blast with that one :-) ♥

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments Janga wrote: "I just finished Home on Apple Blossom Road, #9 in Sheila Roberts's Icicle Falls series. Next are new novellas from Anna Campbell, Tempting Mr. Townsend, and Manda Co..."

Janga - I read How to Woo a Widow over the weekend. I enjoyed it! It was good quick fix to fullfill my HR craving!

message 14: by Manda (new)

Nicole wrote: "Janga wrote: "I just finished Home on Apple Blossom Road, #9 in Sheila Roberts's Icicle Falls series. Next are new novellas from Anna Campbell, Tempting Mr. Townsend..."

Thanks, Nicole!

message 15: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just finished A FASHIONABLE INDULGENCE, A SEDITIOUS AFFAIR and THE RUIN OF GABRIEL ASHLEIGH by author K.J. Charles. This author is new to me but I stumbled across her by reading AAR's Best of 2015 reviews. I really like this series and can't wait for the next one up - Lord Richard's story. The writing is intelligent, the plots captivating, the characters are all very well drawn and the historical detail is fascinating. The romance, suspense and conflict inherent in the relationships in view of the times is also very well done.

*A word of warning, though, that they are all M/M historicals just in case that isn't your cup of tea!