Utopian World discussion

Top Plate > Brightwall Vilage

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith arrived at the village on her feet again, insisting that Balthazar put her down because it was improper. The hood of her cloak covered part of her face, but the expression of pure wonder and excitement could still be seen. Even though the stars were in the sky, people were still busy in the streets, and the sound of laughter and conversations filled the air. "This is incredible," Lilith said breathlessly.

message 3: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "one of the good places i know of." Balthazar said as he gently put her down. he maintained a grip on her arm though. for all appearances they looked like a couple on a date, with him gently holding her arm while she gazed in wonderment.

message 4: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith didn't mind him holding her arm, as she wasn't sure where to go within this place anyways. "This is Brightwall Village, is it not? I often hear stories about some of the nobles coming out here to have fun. I never thought that I would be able to be here, as well."

message 5: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "why not? you are a royal, simply order the guards to obey." Balthazar said, seeing what the real reason was. he had heard rumors but he himself didn't see anything wrong with her.

message 6: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith smiled her sad smile again. "It's not quite that simple, I'm afraid." She didn't specify why, fearing that he might insist on taking her back if he found out about her health. One night out should be fine, right? She thought, convincing herself that this was fine.

message 7: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "come on, talk to me. i promise not to return you until you want to go back." Balthazar said quietly, sincere and honest.

message 8: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith met his eyes, determining if he was telling the truth. "I suppose I can't hide it," She said with a sigh. "Ever since I was a child, I've had very poor health. I haven't been able to leave the castle for fear that I will fall ill again. I experience visions from time to time, but I faint or lose focus on reality when they show themselves to me, so my parents constantly worry about me passing out and getting hurt. I understand their concern, but I want to see the world despite the risks."

message 9: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "i don't see why you shouldn't. simply because you have poor health, which i have yet to see actual evidence of, you seem the picture of good health to me, doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to see the world!" he said with a very determined voice.

message 10: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith smiled. "Thank you for saying that, even if you're just lying to make me feel better about myself," She said. "Now, I didn't let you take me from the castle just so I could talk about my past. Let's go into the village."

message 11: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar opened his mouth to say he wasn't lying but closed it. he lead her through the village, mostly just watching her enjoy the sights and sounds.

message 12: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith walked through the streets with a look of child-like wonder. The smell of sweets and flowers wafted through the air as vendors called out to people passing by. "Do people really live like this? This is wonderful!" Lilith said with a smile.

message 13: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "not all live like this. some live much, much worse." Balthazar said, not wanting to lie to her but also wanting to keep her happy.

message 14: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "On the other plates, right?" Lilith said, a sad look in her eyes. "I've heard about them." She sighed, as though she had thought about this subject many times before. "My advisors and tutors only tell me about the good things, but I've heard stories from some of the servants at the castle."

message 15: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "trust me, me and those i work with have seen the worst this world has to offer and no tale can tell the horror of such things." Balthazar spoke stiffly, unable to contain his rage over such foul nastiness.

message 16: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "I'm sorry to hear that. I wish to help those less fortunate than I, but I have no idea how, especially when I'm kept in the castle," Lilith said, genuinely apologetic.

message 17: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "not much you can do. this place has become too entrenched in it's ways." he sounded both sad and angry, although he didn't reveal why. "but perhaps those below can learn to overcome their challenges and rise above their oppression. one day."

message 18: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "I hope I can live to see the day," Lilith said. The streets were growing less crowded as it grew later. Now, only the soft murmur of voices could be heard along with the sound of chirping insects. It was peaceful, and the air was cool. "I wish I could have stopped this before it got to the point where only a revolution could change things."

message 19: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "revolution might not be needed. simply a change, even a small one, would make things easier." Balthazar said, starting to notice a slightly off feel to the area.

message 20: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "Then the royalty should have done it by now. If something can be done to help our people, the royalty would have tried," Lilith said. She believed that the royalty was fair and just, so they would do what was best for the people.

message 21: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "you are certainly different from others. most royalty only care about themselves of their precious bloodline. nothing else matters to them." Balthazar said bitterly.

message 22: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "I'm sure there's more to it than that. The royals care about their subjects, I'm sure of it," Lilith said, not able to accept his words as the truth.

message 23: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "they didn't even care about their own kin, i don't think they'd care about some low class strangers." he said, even more bitterly than before.

message 24: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "Are you suggesting that my family doesn't care about me?" Lilith said, stunned by his words. It hurt her to think about the idea.

message 25: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "considering the history of the families they might care for you but only as a brood-mare at best." he spoke harshly, speaking from experience and knowledge he had attained over the years.

message 26: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith felt her heart start to race. Her head spun with the words that he spoke. "Stop it!" She said, unable to take any more. She turned away from him and began to run away.

message 27: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar easily caught up to her and said, "remember i'm Faer nobility by birth and i've seen and heard the talks when various royal families always visited. until today i thought nice royals existed only in fairy tales."

message 28: by Spades (last edited Apr 09, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "That can't be true," Lilith said, tears running down her face. Her heart was beating too quickly, and she struggled to organize the thoughts in her head. "It can't be..." She said, her voice no louder than a whisper.

message 29: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar, realizing he was crushing her world around her, softly said, "maybe it's different for you but most royal families don't seem to care about those weaker or those they deem lesser than they are."

message 30: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith's heart was pounding at an unhealthy rate, and her breathing was shallow. "I can't..." She said between breaths. Before she was able to finish her sentence, she fainted.

message 31: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar, sensing her weakness, started pushing his magic to her even as he lunged toward her and caught. he felt his eyebrows go up when he sensed an immediate change in her heart beat as his magic flowed through her, strengthening her and giving her energy.

((i have awesome idea, i'll send you details in message!))

message 32: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Despite the initial acceptance of his magic, her body quickly rejected it. A shower of sparks came from where he tried to give her his magic. Her body likely wouldn't accept his magic, as it wasn't pure-blooded demon magic, but some of it managed to get to her before her own magic counteracted his.

A sword fell into an ocean of white silk, tearing through the fabric. Blood flowed from where the sword had cut, staining the silk red.

Lilith's eyes fluttered open, her vision being completed and her strength partially restored. What does it mean? She thought, still not completely aware of her surroundings.

message 33: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar, once he was sure she would be okay, took his hand away and tried to ignore the burning sensation. "i take it you never had anyone try to give you energy like that huh?"

message 34: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "I've only ever received magic a few times, and it was always from a pure-blooded demon," Lilith said, rubbing the place where he had touched her. It was warm to the touch and stung a bit, but nothing else seemed to be wrong. She played the vision over again in her head, trying to figure out the meaning.

message 35: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "mostly i simply energize whats already there, don't even lose a drop of my own strength, but i panicked and pushed some of my energy with with spell." he said apologetically, with a sheepish grin.

message 36: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments "I was the one who caused you to panic,so I should be the one apologizing." Lilith said, her pale cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Thank you for catching me," She added, glad that she hadn't hit the ground.

message 37: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "no problem." he said, still holding her up although they weren't touching skin to skin.

message 38: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith stood up hesitantly, testing her balance. She seemed fine now, at least for someone who had just fainted.

message 39: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar waited, just in case she ended up falling again. "does that happen a lot? you fainting like that?"

message 40: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments Lilith nodded. "It's not uncommon for me to faint, which is why my parents like to keep me at home. It's safer for me there," She explained, beginning to see that they were right in being concerned for her.

message 41: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments "too bad there aren't any healing gods anymore. a man i know said they could heal any ailment, be it mortal or otherwise. he told me they disappeared thousands of years ago though, he personally believes they were destroyed somehow." Balthazar spoke his thoughts aloud without meaning to, trying to think of a way to at least strengthen her so she wouldn't faint like this again.

message 42: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 220 comments 'I'm not sure if I want to be cured," Lilith admitted, "If I get rid of my fainting spells, I get rid of my visions." Her visions were what made her useful, and if she lost them, she would be losing apart of who she was.

message 43: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 173 comments Balthazar raised an eyebrow. "visions? how does you fainting have anything to do with visions?"