The Books With Looks 📚 discussion

Book Of The Month > BOTM March 2016 - Galàpagos

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments The group made a choice and March's Book of the Month is Galápagos by Kurt Vonnegut

Everybody who reads along, have fun!

I'm not sure yet, the local library doesn't currently have it but maybe I can get my hands on it still

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments Nice one, gonna see if I can get this one too.

message 3: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments I checked the University Library and they have it. Or rather will have it back soon. I pre-ordered it.

message 4: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments Got it from my University Library and will now read it

message 5: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I ordered this book from the library yesterday, shouldn't be long before I get it.

message 6: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments I just can't get it into it. The writing is witty and interesting, but it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it is just the wrong time to read this book, but for now I will stop

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments Got a copy of this on my kindle now. Will be the next book I read.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments Started this today. Entertaining so far.

Did you try it Ashleigh?

message 9: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Jason wrote: "Started this today. Entertaining so far.

Did you try it Ashleigh?"

I did get the book from my library but never got around to reading it. Seeing this post reminded me of it again and I'm going to reborrow it

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments This was brilliant, such a clever book. Learnt loads too.

message 11: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments Put this down on the round the world challenge, comes under Ecuador, think that's 16 countries done now. :-). also fits in my read your age challenge cos i'm so old.

message 12: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments Nice, just been updating books I've read and I noticed this one is on the list. Woohoo another one crossed off. :-)