Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Morris | 19 comments Beta reader needed for my Non-Fiction Paranormal Memoir. (My 24 year odyssey with the 'Green Man' Ghost, who was know to be very Malevolent. But not only did he came to like me and became my friend, but became my 'Invisible' Guardian as well, altering both of our destinies. -I am sure I would not be alive today if it wasn't for the Green Man.)

message 2: by HitC (new)

HitC (hitcgirl) | 136 comments Hi Lyn,

Your memoir sounds interesting! I may be a good fit for you; I'm a big fan of paranormal.

I'm an independent editor who also offers beta reads. Below is a bit more info from my website if you're interested. You can also go to www.owlediting.com for more info, including discounts, special offers, and testimonials.

Beta Reading:

I’ll read your manuscript to get a feel for plot, characters, setting, voice, writing quality, or problem spots. Comments will be inserted within the manuscript and will point out issues a first-time reader may have as well as offer suggestions for improving structure, character development, plot, voice, and writing quality. This option does not include any editing.

Cost:

10k – 49k words = $50

50k – 99k words = $100

100k – 150k words = $150

Above 150k words = $200

message 3: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Morris | 19 comments Tiffany, thank you but I have been advised not to pay for the Beta stage, but will keep you in mind when ready to get it professionally edited.

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Morris | 19 comments Kristy wrote: "I would be willing to read over it Lyn.."

Thant's great Kristy,
My e-mail is lyn_morris_smith_writings@hotmail,com if you want to e-mail me, I will send the first 4 chapter to see who you like it.

message 5: by HitC (new)

HitC (hitcgirl) | 136 comments Thanks for keeping me in mind for editing in the future, Lyn. I wish you much luck in your writing journey! For future reference, I suggest being open to paying for beta reading sometimes. Depending on what stage your manuscript is in and what you're looking to get out of it, a paid beta reader can be well worth the cost. Unfortunately, it can be difficult sometimes to get a thorough critique unless a beta reader has a professional investment in the project. Lyn wrote: "Tiffany, thank you but I have been advised not to pay for the Beta stage, but will keep you in mind when ready to get it professionally edited."