New Adult Book Club discussion

Archived Monthly Group Reads > March Contemporary Group Read ~ F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (last edited Feb 29, 2016 01:12AM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments We are reading F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher this month.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Helena Conway has fallen in love.
Unwillingly. Unwittingly.
But not unprovoked.
Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered,
and not even a little bit careful.
It could all be so beautiful … if he wasn’t dating her best friend.
Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.

Come read it with us!

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Damn, I already read it >.<

message 4: by Rin (new)

Rin (reenahelene) | 13 comments I'm in also :)

message 5: by Rafael (new)

Rafael (royalpolarbearraf) | 16 comments This book. I want to cry for this book. 1 star. HUhu

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Maria wrote: "Damn, I already read it >.<"

Would still love some input from you as you have read it. I haven't so I am interested in starting asap. Did you like it?

message 7: by Marsha (new)

Marsha | 9 comments I'm in

thelostbookshelves | 14 comments I'm totally reading it :)

message 9: by Hope (new)

Hope Irving (hope_irving) | 160 comments Why One Star?

message 10: by Hope (new)

Hope Irving (hope_irving) | 160 comments Why One Star?

message 11: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 18 comments I would like to be in! :)

message 12: by Tobi (new)

Tobi | 15 comments F*ck Love is on my list... I am in! I am reading the score right now... but can read this one after. Were only on the 2nd!

message 13: by Rafael (new)

Rafael (royalpolarbearraf) | 16 comments Because it wasn't what i expecting of Tarryn and I like some parts of it but I couldn't connect with the characters. I even love her Love Me With Lies Series but F*k Love.... I was expecting more beyond.

message 14: by Hope (new)

Hope Irving (hope_irving) | 160 comments Ok, that makes sense. It's on my list though. Haven't read any of her books yet, I'm pretty curious.

message 15: by EMILY (new)

EMILY (goodreadscomemilypras) | 3 comments i am in

message 16: by Jennie (new)

Jennie G | 25 comments I'm worried about the one star rating. I hope it's good!

message 17: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 18 comments OMG. I've already finished this book. I don't know why someone give it only one star. This is not my favorite book, but it isn't so bad!

message 18: by Carlene Inspired (new)

Carlene Inspired (carleneinspired) Last minute joining in, but I just got this and will be reading it in March in hopes of discussing it with y'all!

message 19: by Talia (new)

Talia | 5 comments wait I actually really liked this book!! there were times when I was extremely annoyed but overall I thought it was good

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments I finished two days ago and I still don't know what to say about it. I liked it but it was so all over the place, I know it was supposed to be like that and it didn't detract from the story or reading process but I just don't think I could have loved it.
Worth the read though.

message 21: by Tobi (new)

Tobi | 15 comments I am about half way thru... I wouldn't say that I am in love, but I am still intrigued. I really hope that Kit and Helena end up together!! Helena's character is pretty out there.... but I like her. Will let you know what I think once its finished!!

message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateliz) I was kind of disappointed in this book but that might be my own fault for going into it with such high expectations. I still gave it 4 stars because it's Tarryn Fisher and I think she's amazing. Her Love Me With Lies series is one of my all-time favorites. For me, the problem with F*ck Love is that it's too similar to LMWL. The writing was great but there were times when I was reading that I felt like I had read this exact same story before, only with Olivia/Caleb/Leah instead of Helena/Kit/Della.

message 23: by Carlene Inspired (new)

Carlene Inspired (carleneinspired) So, I loved it and I went into it with really low expectations. I haven't loved anything Tarryn Fisher since the Love Me With Lies series, but this one definitely worked for me. I felt like the main character of Helena was really relatable. I didn't love Kit and Helena, but love what Helena grew into over time. Plus, writing is always amazing!

message 24: by Tobi (new)

Tobi | 15 comments Katie wrote: "I was kind of disappointed in this book but that might be my own fault for going into it with such high expectations. I still gave it 4 stars because it's Tarryn Fisher and I think she's amazing. H..."

I find myself thinking the same thing... This is very related to Olivia and Caleb. Just get together already!

message 25: by Tobi (new)

Tobi | 15 comments Finally finished.. meh, I don't think I loved it. the ending was all over the place! maybe it's just me... but I feel like the ending was rushed and over with a lot of details.

message 26: by Rachele (new)

Rachele (lynndabear) A little late to the party, but it doesn't take me long to read a book. I've really got no expectations for this book, as I've never read anything by Tarryn Fisher, but here's to hoping.

message 27: by Rin (new)

Rin (reenahelene) | 13 comments I started reading it yesterday and so far, I'm liking it. I hope I will enjoy it fully when I'm done reading.

message 28: by Rachele (new)

Rachele (lynndabear) Finished this a couple days ago, and I liked it, but there were things I didn't like. It was kind of in the middle for me.

message 29: by Rin (new)

Rin (reenahelene) | 13 comments I just finished it today, and I really loved it. 5/5 stars for me. The feels I got, and people were giving me weird looks because of my facial expressions while reading hahaha.