Owls Be Reading discussion

March 2016: Clockwork Angel > Link Up Reviews!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia-Savannah  (olivia_catastrophe) If you've written a review on your blog, site, or just want to summarise your thoughts here, feel free to do so! Add a link ^.^

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Scofield (goodreadscomkayla_lemmon) | 9 comments Because I'm a girl and because I tend to be a hopeless romantic...I'm probably supposed to be gushing over this book. But I'm not. I read it faster than I would usually read a book because I wanted to get through it so I could read real literature again **I'm dying for it**. Not saying that this author is a bad writer, but the story and the cliche remnants of soap-opera romance and "adventure". I'm not usually a fan of teenage fiction anyway (in my definition) so I should have probably seen it coming. Oh well.

Olivia-Savannah  (olivia_catastrophe) Kayla wrote: "Because I'm a girl and because I tend to be a hopeless romantic...I'm probably supposed to be gushing over this book. But I'm not. I read it faster than I would usually read a book because I wanted..."

Hey, no one has to like a book just because they are the usual target audience for it :) But I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't like it and the cliche aspects stood out so much :/ Hope you like the next book or your next read more!

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Scofield I'm a hopeless romantic too bwahaha, but the teen angst romance of it all ended on such a comical note. (SPOILERS) When she finally lets down her guard and he just offers up her room and reduces it to sex, I'm sure the ladies who were reading were probably furious, but I found the whole sequence to be head-shakingly hilarious.

With so much left up in the air, it was the first time since I was a teen watching the first installment of the Lord of the Rings in the theater that it fades out with zero finality and I'm like "Ah man, wait, that was it????"