Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED Team challenges > Three Musketeers (Team One)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 502 (502 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 29, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9751 comments Mod

Bess
Dawn*
Andrea

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Jul 31, 2016 10:01PM) (new)

BINGO CARD

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:21PM) (new)

Schedule for Calling Categories:

March 9th
March 23rd
April 6th
April 20th
May 4
May 18th
June 1st
June 15th
June 29th
(etc. until a team gets a valid BINGO)

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:24PM) (new)

Free "Passes"

Every person will get (1) "pass" in which they can read a book that doesn't match the called category, BUT the book has to fit the theme of the challenge somehow (i.e. takes place in winter or spring, the characters experience change, the character is young or in their golden years...anything that you have a reason for it to work, really).

You don't have to use the pass and remember that you only get one for the entire challenge. ;)

---

Bess - pass available
Dawn - pass available
Andrea - pass available

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:36PM) (new)

**Important Info**

Every other Wednesday one of the categories will be called (the same one for all teams).

After all team members have read their books and the team captain has posted in this folder to let me know, your square will get a stamp.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

There is no deadline to finish a book, but a book cannot be started prior to the category being called and your team won't get its stamp until everyone on the team has finished and posted.

You also need to check in at least once after each category called.

*New* You can use either the cover or title to match the called category (example below)

Books must be at least 150 pages long (if reading an ebook, please check the paperback or hardcover edition for page count).
NO manga/graphic novels, cookbooks
Audiobooks are fine. As are ARCs.

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 28, 2016 10:37PM) (new)

WAYS TO WIN:

Five in a row (any direction), the four corners, or a postage stamp in any corner would all be a valid bingo. Here's a picture that shows what each of them are:

I know this picture shows two postage stamps, but only one would be required.

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Jul 26, 2016 04:48PM) (new)

Categories:

Winter categories
1. Fire/Fireplace
2. Quilt
3. Boots
4. Sock(s)

5. Sweater
6. Hot Drink*
7. Wreath
8. Christmas Lights
9. Cookie(s)
10. Gift
11. Snow
12. Sleigh

Spring categories
13. Flower(s)*
14. Sunrise/Sunset
15. Puppy/Dog*
16. Kitten/Cat*
17. Fruit*
18. Bride/Groom
19. Heart
20. Rain
21. Tree(s)
22. Ship/Boat
23. Grass/Field
24. Baby/Child

25. FREE SPACE**
** Any book may be used for this space and it may be read any time during the challenge - this category will not be called. The only rule is it has to be started after the start of the challenge.

Categories with an asterick (*): you may get more specific, if needed (example: flowers -- you could use a book with rose in the title)

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Hope you all have fun! Please choose a team captain and, if you'd like, a team name. :)

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Hey Team! Andrea Cox from Texas. I'm so excited about this game! Never played Book Bingo before, but I think I understand how it works. Have either of you played before?

My work schedule is too busy to allow me to be team captain. Do one of you mind taking that position?

Melanie, does the challenge start on March 9? (a.k.a. do we have to wait until that date to read our "free space" books?)

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments As for names, let's brainstorm.

What about a Three Musketeers' play on "All for One," which would use our team number?

What ideas do you ladies have on what our team name should be?

message 11: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Yes, challenge starts March 9th and books cannot be started before then, including books for the free space. :)

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Thank you, Melanie!

message 13: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Andrea, sounds great about the team name! I love Alexandre Dumas!! :D

Hi all! Bess from Texas/Louisiana and living in Mesa, AZ! I've never played this game before either and am looking forward to this game!

I will defer team captain to Dawn! She'll rock!! : )

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments We'll figure out this game together, then. :) Great to be on your team!

message 15: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments LOL. I don't mind being team captain. I've played before.

I'm from the Houston area. I love reading (obviously).

Three Musketeers sounds like a great name.

It's really easy guys. We just each find a book that fits the category and read it.

message 16: by Andrea (last edited Feb 29, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Do we want "Three Musketeers" or "All for One" as our team name? If another someone joins our crew, we'd have four, and I believe Melanie has left it open for another person to join the three teams that only have three people.

So glad one of us has played before! I'm sure Bess and I will pick it up quickly. You make it sound so easy! :) Can hardly wait till we may begin, and thankfully my current copyedit job will be completed by then. More reading time coming my way soon. Yay!

message 17: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I told Melanie that we were the Three Musketeers.

message 18: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Great to be on both of your team! I love Houston and Texas. I was born there and lived in Cleveland (TX) before venturing out West. :D

Can't wait for the game....I'm so excited!! :D

message 19: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Thanks, Dawn!

So excited!

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Has anyone started looking for books that might work for any of the categories yet? I haven't had time, but I might look here in a minute. There are a few categories that may be quite tough, and others that will be really simple. I'm up for brainstorming if you need help coming up with a title/book cover that will work. I may need some advice on some of them too. :)

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I've not even thought of it yet. if I have some time in the next few days, I'll brainstorm.

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments During the last period of the Dallas Stars game tonight (they were losing big-time), I multi-tasked and found some books I had for almost every category. The ones I couldn't find anything for are:

wreath
Christmas lights
cookie(s)
fruit*

Any ideas?

message 23: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Act of Love by K.R. Jordan Christmas lights??

message 24: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Hearts Awakening (Hearts Along The River #1) by Delia Parr , apples on the cover...

message 25: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Raspberries and Vinegar (A Farm Fresh Romance #1) by Valerie Comer , references fruit....

message 26: by Bess (last edited Mar 02, 2016 12:56AM) (new)

Bess | 2583 comments A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs , The Evergreen Wreath (Christmas Mail Order Angel) by Tanya Stowe … wreath

message 27: by Bess (last edited Mar 02, 2016 12:57AM) (new)

Bess | 2583 comments The Amish Cookie Jar (Amish Romance) (Amish Broken Hearts Series Book 2) by Esther Weaver … cookie

message 28: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

The first one and last two aren't long enough (looks like they are under the 150 page limit), but all the rest work!

Also, a lot of the newer love inspired Christmas books have wreaths on the cover (right by the love inspired banner)...if that helps. :)

Sorry some of the categories are tough. I'm having the hardest time with socks, lol!

message 29: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Oh, I forgot the 150 page rule! Thanks so much!!

message 30: by Bess (last edited Mar 02, 2016 06:53AM) (new)

Bess | 2583 comments The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ---Mel, socks!!

Running Home by Barbara Ellen Brink --socks too!!

message 31: by Bess (new)

message 32: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Oh, good finds, Bess! Running Home you can just see the socks! :D

message 33: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments :D

message 34: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments The God Cookie by Geoffrey Wood , The Beads Of Christmas A Garland Of Short Stories Around Christmas by Cheryl Jerabek ...here are some for cookies that are long enough

message 35: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments I found one for sweater: A Season to Love (Love in Lennox, #2) by Nicole Deese

message 36: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Sunrise/Sunset:
Isle of Hope Unfailing Love (Isle of Hope, #1) by Julie Lessman

Fruit:
A Home of Her Own by Keli Gwyn

Wreath:
A Home for Christmas (Christmas in Eden Valley, #3) by Linda Ford

message 37: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Did we want to list some more books based on the categories? I was hoping to help with the more difficult categories. :D

message 38: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Oh, and if we have others added to our group, we can drop "three" and just be the "Musketeers." :D

message 39: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I went through my lists of books I've read and a I found all of these:

Fire/Fireplace
Brooklyn on Fire (Mary Handley Mystery #2) by Lawrence H. Levy On Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads, #3) by Amanda Cabot

Quilt
A Wild Goose Chase Christmas by Jennifer AlLee Beyond the Storm (Quilts of Love #1) by Carolyn Zane

Boots
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones Here to Stay (Where Love Begins, #2) by Melissa Tagg Caught in the Middle (Ladies of Caldwell County, #3) by Regina Jennings

Socks - Didn't find yet

Sweater
From the Start (Walker Family, #1) by Melissa Tagg The Story Keeper (Carolina #2) by Lisa Wingate Here to Stay (Where Love Begins, #2) by Melissa Tagg Falling Like Snowflakes (Summer Harbor #1) by Denise Hunter

Hot Drink
Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1) by Susan May Warren Smitten Book Club (Smitten #3) by Colleen Coble

Wreath
Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn A Pony Express Christmas by Rhonda Gibson

Christmas Lights
(there are lights in the trees on this one)
Her Secret Rival by Abby Gaines

Cookies - Haven't found any yet
Gift - Haven't found any yet

Snow
Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn Where Treetops Glisten Three Stories of Heartwarming Courage and Christmas Romance During World War II by Tricia Goyer A Pony Express Christmas by Rhonda Gibson A Convenient Christmas Bride (Love Inspired Historical) by Rhonda Gibson

Sleigh - Haven't found yet

Flowers -
First Date by Krista McGee Christmas Roses by Amanda Cabot Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1) by Lyn Cote Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5) by Robin Jones Gunn Dandelions on the Road (Dandelion #2) by Brooke Williams

Sunrise/Sunset
Beyond the Silence by Tracie Peterson The Potter's Lady (Refined by Love #2) by Judith McCoy Miller Isle of Hope Unfailing Love (Isle of Hope, #1) by Julie Lessman Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska, #1) by Tracie Peterson Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii by Robin Jones Gunn Love's Reckoning (The Ballantyne Legacy, #1) by Laura Frantz Be Still My Soul (The Cadence of Grace, #1) by Joanne Bischof

Puppy/Dog
Hello, Hollywood! (Backstage Pass, #2) by Janice Thompson

Kitten/Cat - Haven't found yet

Fruit
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

Bride/Groom
Married by Mistake by Abby Gaines The Icing on the Cake (Weddings by Design #2) by Janice Thompson Picture Perfect (Weddings by Design, #1) by Janice Thompson A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides, #2) by Jody Hedlund A Bouquet of Love (Weddings by Design #4) by Janice Thompson A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert The Dream Dress (Weddings by Design #3) by Janice Thompson

Heart
Though My Heart Is Torn (The Cadence of Grace, #2) by Joanne Bischof Choices of the Heart (The Midwives, #3) by Laurie Alice Eakes

Rain - I don't have any

Trees
Beyond the Silence by Tracie Peterson The Shock of Night (The Darkwater Saga, #1) by Patrick W. Carr Where Trust Lies (Return to the Canadian West, #2) by Janette Oke Secrets (Glenbrooke, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1) by Lyn Cote

Ship/Boat
Thief (The Brides of Alba Series) by Linda Windsor Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1) by Terri Reed A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3) by Winnie Griggs Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke In Firefly Valley (Texas Crossroads, #2) by Amanda Cabot

Grass/Field
At Love's Bidding (Ozark Mountain Romance #2) by Regina Jennings Groom by Arrangement by Rhonda Gibson

Baby/Child
The Marshal's Ready-Made Family (Prairie Courtships, #2) by Sherri Shackelford Saving Amelie by Cathy Gohlke Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope, #1) by Jody Hedlund

Melanie - feel free to delete any that aren't the page count. I tried to check, but may have missed some.

message 40: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Wow!! Dawn, you did a lot of work!! :D Way to help the team...I'll have to do this too!

See, I told you you'd make a great captain!! :)

message 41: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Bess, it was really just that I was listening to a writing webinar while at work and found myself multitasking.

message 42: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Great list, Dawn! Bess, fantastic idea on dropping "Three" if we have more people join our team.

Here are some that I'm thinking about reading for the different categories:

Fire(place):
Through the Fire by Shawn Grady The Protector (O'Malley, #4) by Dee Henderson Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie To Protect & Serve (The Courage Series, #1) by Staci Stallings

Quilt:
Beside Still Waters (The Big Sky Series, #1) by Tricia Goyer

Boots:
Wild Mint Tea (A Farm Fresh Romance #2) by Valerie Comer Love Finds You in Calico, California by Elizabeth Ludwig Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon by Melody Carlson

Sock(s):
Love Me Tender by Janice Hanna

Sweater:
A Season to Love (Love in Lennox, #2) by Nicole Deese

Hot Drink:
Tea with Emma (The Teacup Novellas, #1) by Diane Moody

Wreath:
The Yuletide Rescue (Alaskan Search and Rescue #1) by Margaret Daley A Home for Christmas (Christmas in Eden Valley, #3) by Linda Ford

Christmas Lights:
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Mistletoe Justice by Carol J. Post

Cookie(s):
The Snow White Christmas Cookie (Berger and Mitry, #9) by David Handler

Gift:
A Christmas Gift for Rose by Tricia Goyer

Snow:
High-Caliber Holiday (First Responders #3) by Susan Sleeman The Snowflake by Jamie Carie In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3) by Irene Hannon Snow Angel by Jamie Carie

Sleigh:
A Grand Teton Sleigh Ride Four Generations of Wyoming Ranchers Celebrate Love at Christmas by Elizabeth Goddard Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe by Irene Brand Sleigh Belles (Belles and Whistles #2) by Janice Hanna

Flower(s):
The Scent of Lilacs (The Heart of Hollyhill #1) by Ann H. Gabhart Wishing on Buttercups (Love Blossoms in Oregon, #2) by Miralee Ferrell A Promise for Spring (Heart of the Prairie #3) by Kim Vogel Sawyer A Wedding to Remember in Charleston, South Carolina by Annalisa Daughety

Sunrise/Sunset:
First Dawn (Freedom's Path #1) by Judith McCoy Miller

Puppy/Dog:
Trail of Evidence (Capitol K-9 Unit #3) by Lynette Eason Sandhill Dreams (Nebraska Brides #2) by Cara C. Putman

Kitten/Cat:
The Christmas Cat by Melody Carlson

Fruit:
The Apple Orchard (Bella Vista Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs Raspberries and Vinegar (A Farm Fresh Romance #1) by Valerie Comer

Bride/Groom:
The Convenient Groom (Nantucket, #2) by Denise Hunter The Anonymous Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #1) by Vickie McDonough Sandhill Dreams (Nebraska Brides #2) by Cara C. Putman

Heart:
Hearts Aglow (Striking a Match, #2) by Tracie Peterson Heart of Clay (The Women of Tenacity #1) by Shanna Hatfield Identity (Eyes Wide Open, #1) by Ted Dekker

Rain:
Rain Song (Heart of Carolina, #1) by Alice J. Wisler

Tree(s):
A Whisper of Peace (Heart of the Prairie #7) by Kim Vogel Sawyer The Moon in the Mango Tree by Pamela Binnings Ewen Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1) by Irene Hannon Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz

Ship/Boat:
By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer Crimson Cipher by Susan Page Davis Undetected by Dee Henderson Inside Story by Susan Page Davis The Famine Ships The Irish Exodus to America by Edward Laxton A Home in Drayton Valley (Heart of the Prairie #9) by Kim Vogel Sawyer Barefoot Summer (Chapel Spring #1) by Denise Hunter

Grass/Field:
The Gunsmith's Gallantry (The Ladies' Shooting Club, #2) by Susan Page Davis Kansas Weddings by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Baby/Child:
Falling Leaves The Memoir of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah Covenant Child A Story of Promises Kept (Women of Faith) by Terri Blackstock

Free Space:
The Spymistress by Jennifer Chiaverini The Venetian Bargain by Marina Fiorato Watershed Year, A by Susan Schoenberger The Ringmaster's Wife by Kristy Cambron Secrets She Kept by Cathy Gohlke

message 43: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments What do we want to do on planning when to read our "free space" books? Do we want to do that as soon as we can? Or just see where it fits into our schedules? Any ideas?

message 44: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Great list Andrea!!

Great question about the "free space." Not sure....

message 45: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments let's wait and see.

message 46: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments All righty. I can't wait to see what our first category is!

message 47: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments I'm trying to put my list together...I may have to wing it and head to the library!! :D

message 48: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4557 comments Know what you mean. A few of the titles in my list are books I found on my library's online catalog or books that I'll have to purchase (Half-Price Books or on my Kindle). Waiting to see which categories are called before I track those down.

What are y'all reading now?

I'm wrapping up a copyedit this week, then tackling Back in the Saddle by Ruth Logan Herne .

message 49: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments I'm finishing up Song of Erin by B.J. Hoff

Yeah, to buy all the books through Kindle promises to be expensive! :|

message 50: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments With this Bingo game, I'm hoping to throw some of the books that have been on my to-read shelf for the longest time! That way I can justify purchasing more. :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.