Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > March 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
A new month already *cheers* Hehe ;D

Schedule:

*Monday: Matt
*Tuesday: Tamara
*Wednesday: Ravanna
*Thursday: Mary Kate (Who's that?! :P)
*Friday: Zeke
*Saturday: Urs
*Sunday: Blair
*Sunday Prayer: ..... (As notified in group message per week)

Volunteers:

*CWho
*Hope
*Sara
*Favour 

This first week's topic is, "Scripture- To Live; To Love!"

Blessings †

message 2: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I am so sorry! I totally forgot to write my devotional for Tuesday, it just completely left my mind! Anyways, here it is a day late:

March 2, 2016: “Scripture-To Live; To Love!”

The Lord’s scripture is more than just important, it’s essential! It’s essential for our lives, it contains the very words of God and that is how He “speaks” to us today. We wouldn’t be the same without the word of God and that is why it’s so important to remember that as Christians we can’t truly follow Christ without heeding His word.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This verse could not have said it more clearly! Scripture is profitable, it is given by inspiration of God which means that nothing in it is false or ungodly. We can’t just pick and choose from it, if we’re going to believe we have to believe it as a whole, otherwise we’re just hypocrites. We can’t fit it to our beliefs either, we have to believe what it says and in it’s context. Something taken away from it’s context can seem to mean a totally different thing than what it really is.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Again, this proves my point that you can’t have faith without the word of God. Faith comes through hearing, but hearing comes from the word of God. They are intertwined and cannot be separated. Anyone who tries to separate scripture from their walk with the Lord is missing one of the key points of Christianity. Faith!

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

This is my last point on how essential scripture is to our lives. We can learn through scripture, it was written for our learning. But why? The verse above has the answer. So that through patience and comfort of the scriptures we can have hope! Scriptures give us hope, and we can all use some hope in our lives, especially when we’re dealing with trials and temptations. We want to know that everything will be fine, and with our hope put in God we can have that assurance through His scriptures! Amen!

message 3: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Amen!! That was great my friend :D *handclaps*

message 4: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
"Scripture - To Live; To Love!"

* 2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: *

I remember more than a decade ago, when a small, scared girl sat upon her high set bed, staring down upon a small, burgundy book lying open. It sat so neatly, just waiting for her to continue her reading. Her heart was beating fast, and the aroma of dinner, swarming through the room, was not even powerful enough to persuade her to move her bright eyes off of just that small section of that book! She was determined to read it again and again, until the meaning became clear! That meaning did become clear, all she had to do was ask!

That burgundy book lying so respectfully, was my first Bible, and that scared little girl that reread that passage, was me. That day was the day my life made sense!
That passage was one so familiar with most of us, yet not understood
by the majority of us- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Have we forgotten the power in the Book that brings meaning to life? Over time we started to believe, elegant words, or thought out scripts, could do the same job as the Book written by the very mind of God! We started to trust man's fallible words, more than God's infinite knowledge!

And that small, ancestral book still lies there in the corner, with dust covering the susceptible surface, but still beckoning with a deepening echo, for you to take a look.

Scripture is more than words on a page - Scripture is truth; truth that is not found anywhere else, for this is the truth of life!
The God of the heavens, not only loved you enough to die for you, He loved you enough to tell you about it <3

Scripture is more than words could explain:
Hope
Inspiration
Guidance
Love
Beauty
Truth
Belief
GOD

Hiding it away, changing it up, or ignoring it completely, is no longer an excuse, for it is still there!
Do not overlook your source of strength, open it, and SEE!

The Scripture has been protected, and perfectly kept in tact for you! It is no mistake; it is not flawed- it is perfect!

And then you shall see what I saw, as I did years and years ago, my eyes grew bright, not with curiosity or doubt, but now with a hope and inspiration that I didn't know then, but know now, that this truth is one that never fails- if you seek, you will find!

*To See Also: "Why The KJV?"*

*Online KJV Bible*

Find the truth!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus loves you!!
~~~~~~~~~~~

For Jesus first loved me <3

~M.K.

http://wp.me/p727FD-8o

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) That was so beautiful MK!! I love how you always incorporate a personal story into your messages! :)

message 6: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw, thanks so much Tamara :D *hugs* Hehe, I actually had never done that much, until Danny told me that a personal story would make the devotions more interesting ((; Some great advice I believe ;D

message 7: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Oh, definitely! I might do that for a change once in awhile! ;)

message 8: by Ursula (last edited Mar 05, 2016 06:05AM) (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments  
Our Scriptures!  What a blessing we have in them!  :D  Do you actually thank God for them?  Every day?  You should.  The Scripture is our pathway to Him.  Our God is an awesome God!  :D

I used to teach AWANA. AWANA is an amazing Bible study/teaching program for children that is across the globe.  It is one of, if not the best tools of mission offered up to our children. AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed! Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15 AWANA teaches the Scripture, or Word of God, to the children through study, song, games, and recitation, commanding that the Word of God be hidden in their hearts, so that no one can ever take them away.  Actual Bibles and physical Scripture can be taken away, but the Word hidden in our hearts can never be taken away!  God will help us retain and glorify it all of our days!  Thank You, Lord!  What an awesome and amazing God You are!  ♥︎

By teaching our young things to hide the Word of the Lord, and treasure it overall, we will instill in them the importance of Scripture in our lives.  Scripture educates us.  It helps us.  It disciplines us.  It encourages us.  It trains us up in the right way.  It is steadfast in our Lord's love.  It shows us the way to our God (II Timothy 3:16-17).

Relish these wonderful Scripture:

Every Word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock." Matthew 7:24

"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:38

As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby. I Peter 2:2

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. Psalm 18:30

Have you hidden the Scripture of the Lord in your heart?  No better time than NOW.  Make sure that it is steadfast and secure in your heart and your every way of being!  Amen!  ♥︎

**I wanted to apologize for not doing my devotion last Saturday.  Please forgive me.  I do have a lot going on right now, but I am trying hard to leave it with the Lord.  I will appreciate your prayers in helping me to indeed leave it with the Lord, and to be still and listen for Him.  Thank you! and thank you, Mary Kate chicken thing for being so encouraging and understanding.  *hugs you*  ♥︎

Have a wonderful Saturday, Everyone, and a most blessed next week!  :)

message 9: by Kierkegaard's (new)

Kierkegaard's Pancakes Sunday March 6, 2016
"Scripture- To Live; To Love!"

“It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” (Matt. 4:4)

There are few other scriptures that clarify the life of the redeemed. We are a peculiar people, who need more then physical sustenance to live. We can eat bread but it will not fulfill, it is the word of God that makes us complete.

Jesus, our great example in all things, constantly stated "it is written". He did this while teaching, while rebuking and while being tested by Satan. So, if Christ be our example, then we should do as He has and learn "the word" or how will we teach, rebuke or respond to the trials of evil.

More personally, more intimately, we come to the "word" to know Jesus and in the knowing, we are given a greater understanding of all things. Peter makes this clear; "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence," (2 Peter !:3).

"The knowledge of Him", what greater reason do we need to love the word and be drawn to devotion.

message 10: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 56 comments Hi everyone! I haven't been in on these discussions in a while, but I just thought I'd crash this party.

Actually I decided to take a break for a while until I could devote my full attention to it. I didn't want to write every Sunday simply as an afterthought. If I was going to volunteer, I wanted to be able to give it my all, and at the time it just wasn't possible. Who knows, one day I might volunteer again when I feel like I'll be able to give it my best effort.

That being said, today God put something on my heart that I felt I should share with everyone on here. In writing this, I'm really just telling this to myself, but I hope that this touches someone else as well.

A year ago from this upcoming Saturday marks a memorable day for me. For the most part it was a great day, but it was also a day that I missed a chance to make a difference, albeit a small one, in someone's life. And I really really beat myself up about it. So now that almost a year has passed, I'm about to be in a similar situation where I could potentially get another chance to make a difference in someone else's, or more than one person's, life.

I found myself thinking very hard about this possibility and telling myself, "You have to make up for last year. You can't make the same mistake." But then I realized that I was really missing the point.

I've been praying hard about making up for that moment, but in doing that, I unintentionally made this all about me. You see, it isn't supposed to be about making up for my wounded pride. It isn't about redeeming myself. It's about encouraging others and bringing them closer to God. It's all about Him. It's for His glory. Not mine. We should witness to others, not because we want to be praised for our good deeds, but because it is the right thing to do. Besides, I don't *need* to redeem myself. God has already done that by sending His son to die for us all. He has already forgiven me the very first time, out of many, that I have asked. I just needed to accept the fact that His redemption is enough. It is more than enough.

Thank you for reading my little impromptu "journal entry." Hopefully you guys don't mind my honesty and "openness."

Have a happy Sunday and God bless.

message 11: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Emilia- Aw, wow. That was SO absolutely, amazingly touching!! Amen!! So true!! Sometimes that human side, that wants control wants to take over, such a trouble!! But that was so true!! Amen, my friend!! Thank you so much for sharing that <3 It touched me deeply ;D
And, if I may ask, what situation is this? ((:

message 12: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (last edited Mar 06, 2016 07:58PM) (new)

@Tamara- You most definitely should ;D

@Urs- My, oh my!! I loved that so!!!! *cheers* Amen, amen! Right on!! I actually had never heard of AWANA before, but now I must do some more study on it, sounds absolutely moving!!! Such a wonderful, powerful devotion my friend!! :D Most welcome; thank you so much <<33

message 13: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Blair- Right!!!! So true!!!! I so enjoyed this one! I had never thought about how Jesus said that so much, but He really did!! That's amazing :D *confetti* That was grand! Thank you, my friend!! Amen †

message 14: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 56 comments @MK, It was a Teens Fine Arts competition if you know what that is. (It's a competition between teens from different churches where they enter to do things such as, but not limited to, playing an instrument, singing, dancing, or entering some kind of artwork). It's a lot of fun and although it's easy to assume that most of the teens there are Christians, that's not always the case. We were challenged by a speaker there to walk up to someone from a different youth group and pray for them, but I completely chickened out.

message 15: by Matt (last edited Mar 07, 2016 06:25AM) (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments Monday, March 7th, 2016 - Compassion

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. - Gal 5:22-23

I cannot watch commercials or news reports about suffering children. It breaks my heart, so I change the channel.

But Godly compassion isn't just having a feeling. Godly fruit is actionable. So although I can't watch such things on TV or even when they're shown in a video at church, I can take action.

Currently, I support two children through World Vision, and it's a real blessing. Two other children I supported have exited the program for one reason or another. It is very cool to send extra money for Christmas or a Birthday and get back pictures of what was bought. In one case, the whole village benefited by buying chairs and loudspeakers and all kinds of stuff for their local church. In another, the mother of the boy I support bought a bicycle. I also bought a goat for a girl.

The lives you can affect with just a small donation is amazing! It helps people understand what Christ is all about.

But it also doesn't have to cost you any money. Most cities have a food bank nearby. These warehouses collect and process donated food items, mostly from grocery stores. For instance, all of the potatoes must be examined, with rotten stuff thrown away, before it is given out. Food banks needs volunteers to do this work, so you can give your time to help people who are less fortunate.

My dad is a director for a church that distributes the food received from food banks. They help some 150 to 200 families a week.

This week, I encourage you to either find a free way to volunteer and help people in need, or sign up to support a child. World Vision and Samaritan's Purse are a couple of good organizations.

Prayer for today: Lord grant me Your compassion so that I can pour out actionable compassion for others.

message 16: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Mary Kate wrote: "@Tamara- You most definitely should ;D

@Urs- My, oh my!! I loved that so!!!! *cheers* Amen, amen! Right on!! I actually had never heard of AWANA before, but now I must do some more study on it, so..."

Thank you, Babe! :)
AWANA ROCKS! :D One of the best things a Christian parent--or any parent--could do for their chickenses! Trei grew up in AWANA! It goes from 3 yrs old all of the way through college. ROCK!in, huh? Yes, go look it up. I worked in it with Trei, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Lots of hard work and dedication, but that is the way of the Lord! Fer sher! :D

message 17: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Princess Emilia wrote: "Hi everyone! I haven't been in on these discussions in a while, but I just thought I'd crash this party.

Actually I decided to take a break for a while until I could devote my full attention to i..."

This is a wonderful share! Thank you! :)

Thank you for reading my little impromptu "journal entry." Hopefully you guys don't mind my honesty and "openness."  That's the only way to be! :D

I will be praying for wisdom, guidance, determination, and encouragement for your very special task. Blessings!

Take care!
Urs ♥

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope Devotion for March 9, 2016:

Hi! I'm Hope. I've never done one of these before, so forgive me if I do something wrong. :P

Compassion: a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering

1 Peter 3:8
"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."

Last summer, my dad and I went on a missions trip to Nicaragua. My church helps fund a school down there and we traveled down to help out for a week.
After dinner one night, the school's founder told us the story of how he came to be in the ministry. He told us the story of how he had gone on a missions trip to Haiti many years ago. He said that the truck he was riding in was right behind a dump truck that stopped periodically. At each stop, two men would jump off and come back a few minutes later with a bundle of cloth. Then they would throw this bundle in the back of the dump truck and drive to the next stop. After a few stops, our storyteller realized that these bundles of cloth were dead bodies. Elderly or sick people would crawl out of their houses and die so they could be picked up the next morning.
Even after he went home, our storyteller couldn't get that incident out of his head. Eventually, the Lord led him to start the school down in Nicaragua.

Now, why am I telling you all this?
Because you shouldn't just feel compassion, but the urge to do something about it.

As Christians, we need to be Christ's hands and feet on this earth. We're called to be the salt and light. We are called to make a difference on this earth for the Lord's glory. And we need compassion to do that.
Whether it's starting a school in Nicaragua, helping the poor, or buying a homeless person a hamburger, sharing Christ's love through compassion is a great way to share the gospel.

I hope you got something from my little post. Thanks so much for reading. :)

message 19: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I'm so sorry everyone!! I forgot my day again! I'll try to get my devotion posted soon, but if I'm unable I hope you'll all understand. Next week may not be possible for me to do it either, so if anyone wants to take next Tuesday I'd be grateful! :)

message 20: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments >> Then they would throw this bundle in the back of the dump truck and drive to the next stop.

Speechless because my heart breaks -- many people don't know the love of Christ.

message 21: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynkachman) | 438 comments Thursday March 10 2016
Hi guys! I've been praying trying to see what God wanted me to write. I honestly feel like he only wanted me to post a few of the times Jesus showed compassion. So, here you go:

Matthew 9:18-38 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Raises a Dead Girl and Heals a Sick Woman
18 While he was saying this, a synagogue leader came and knelt before him and said, “My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live.” 19 Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples.

20 Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. 21 She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.”

22 Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.

23 When Jesus entered the synagogue leader’s house and saw the noisy crowd and people playing pipes, 24 he said, “Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him. 25 After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up. 26 News of this spread through all that region.

Jesus Heals the Blind and the Mute
27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”

28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”

“Yes, Lord,” they replied.

29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” 31 But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.

32 While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. 33 And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.”

34 But the Pharisees said, “It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons.”

The Workers Are Few
35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

message 22: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Tamara wrote: "I'm so sorry everyone!! I forgot my day again! I'll try to get my devotion posted soon, but if I'm unable I hope you'll all understand. Next week may not be possible for me to do it either, so if a..."

If there is some way you could remind me, I wouldn't mind to help. Like send it to me on MONDAY! Sundays and Mondays are pretty full for me, and I WILL forget! x)

message 23: by Ursula (new)

Compassion: Sweet and Simple

Jesus was having what we, in the natural, would call a ‘bad day’. He had just received the news that the person who most understood him, his cousin, the prophet John the Baptist, had been wantonly murdered to fulfill a shallow promise by a lustful king. Jesus, though he was God, was also human, with human emotions. When he received this tragic news he just wanted to get away from it all. Matthew tells us:

When Jesus heard it, He departed from there by boat to a deserted place by
       Himself.
  (Matthew 14:13)

We’ve all been in that place where the cares of this world come over us like a tidal wave and all we want to do is to get away and be alone with God, but the people would not let him have this time of mourning. Matthew tells us that:

But when the multitudes heard it, they followed Him on foot from the cities.
      (Matthew 14:13)

Jesus could have sent Peter or James out to tell the masses that he was taking the day off. He could have asked John to let the throng know that he was ‘indisposed’. But the Bible tells us how Jesus responded:

And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with
       compassion for them, and healed their sick.
  (Matthew 14:14)

Earlier Jesus revealed the heart of God to his disciples when he told them:

When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a
       physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire
       mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to
       repentance.”
  (Matthew 9:12-13)

Jesus made it clear that not only does God have compassion on sinners, but He desires that we have that same compassion. He wants to turn our hearts of stone – as a result of hurts, betrayal, cynicism, or selfishness – into hearts of flesh that long to love God and make His love known to the world … even when we’re having a ‘bad day’. Today, as we go through our day, let’s take some time to ask that God would give us a heart of compassion for the lost. Let’s pray that through this heart of compassion we would be moved to become a part of what God is doing to take the gospel to hurting people around the world. Pray that God’s love would be loosed in our hearts and that we would be moved with compassion – just as Jesus was – for sinners in need of a Savior.

This is the heart of God. By His grace, may it also be our heart:

For He will deliver the needy when he cries, the poor also, and him who has no
       helper. He will spare the poor and needy, and will save the souls of the needy.

(Psalms 72:12-13)

HOPE YOU FOLKS WILL HAVE A SUPER BLESSED WEEKEND!  ♥

message 24: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Thank you so much Urs! I'll try to remember to remind you on Monday. Btw, I really loved your devotion!! Thank you again, I really appreciate your helping me out!!! :D

message 25: by Sara (new)

Sara | 44 comments March 13, Sunday prayer, Compassion

Hey all :) I've never done a Sunday prayer before, so please bear with me! I've been praying that the Lord will give me the words that he wants me to speak.

Compassion is something that we all need in our lives at one point of time or another. It is also something that we need to give others at times. Life is hard, and we need to support and have an understanding of what others are going through, and hope that they do the same for us! It is through our good Lord and Savior that we can receive and give grace and compassion to others. Sometimes we don't realize what others are going through, and vise versa. So with that being said, this is the prayer that I have come up with for this Sunday. I apologize ahead of time if my format with this is not meeting the guidelines.

Dear heavenly Father, We come to you this Sunday in worship. It is only through you Lord that we receive grace and compassion, and it is only through you that we learn how to give it. What a blessing that is! Lord today we ask for our daily bread, and that through you we may receive grace and compassion, and that you may help us through you to in turn give to others, and have compassion for them. Lord, please guide us through your perfect time this upcoming week, and work through our daily lives.
In your name we pray,
Amen

message 26: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Sorry I haven't been commenting y'all, I pray to get back in the hang of everything soon <3

message 27: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Thursday, March 17th, 2016
"Smiles... Like A Medicine!"

You are just humming through your overly busy life when... Something stuns you from your challenge at hand.

Someone, some random stranger you have never seen before, is making a face, of sorts, and staring right your way... You only have but a second to survey them, and realize the gleam in their eyes, softly matches the up turned motive on their lips.
They are smiling straight at you!
And once, out of the many hundreds of times you pass some unknown stranger on your way, you realize that someone cares, and that you are a part of this crazy, yet upturned, world!

A smile...

** Proverbs 17:22 - **
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

A memory, one that may seem unimportant to many, has pressed upon me for years...
I remember a day, many years ago, when I was about ten years old; I went into a restaurant with my Dad, and brother.

As I stood in line, a lady, sitting a few feet away eating lunch, but seeming miserable, with a sad look on her face, caught my attention. I don't know why I kept pondering on it, but I did, and I stood waiting for her to look my way. She finally noticed the small girl looking up eagerly at her, and I was quite stunned, seeing that now, I had nothing to say.
I quickly smiled at her, the only thing I knew how to easily do, and I beamed the very best I could!
I still, after all these years, can remember that lady's face, as she gave back such a sweet smile, forsaking her weary gaze!

That memory has always stuck with me, for it has always reminded me that such a small thing, can hold such a large meaning!

So, to the point - why smile?

The Bible is the most amazing book in the world, for it not only is the most detailed history book, but it is also the most inspirational book you will ever pick up!

So many verses tell us -

* Proverbs 15:13-14 - A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

And, why?

* 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

We smile because we are what people see, when they look for Christ! Whether we notice it or not, every day someone sees you, and many, so many, times they eye carefully how you act, dress, and talk, for we are the ones that represent Christ!

In this present world of utter distress, people are searching for any source of peace, and hope, left in the world! What do they see, when they see you?

Jesus loves us all, how will others know?

Others know this love shown to them, by us; they see it by the small things that riddle their every day, and sometimes, that is just a soft smile, just to show you care!

My challenge to you, today - show Jesus, and smile - for every day is a gift, and I know that there is something you can be happy about, even your very heart beat!

Such a beyond special, stunning event it is, when two fellow humans look straight into the other's eyes, and one smiles.
It's as the world stops for, but a second, and they realize the other's presence, and recognize they have a place in this wide world, and somehow... Somehow, they know they are in this together...

Jesus loves you!!

~M.K.

(Pictures and etc with this devotion, here:
http://wp.me/p727FD-bt)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 29: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) That was really great MK!!! I'm sorry I couldn't do my devotion this week, I'll try to get back into it next week. :)

message 30: by Ursula (new)

"Smiles... Like a Medicine!" ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

Be happy! Be joyful! Be glad! :D  God wants us to be happy, joyful, and cheerful.  When hard times come, Happiness & Cheer may seem difficult, but we can always remain joyful in God through the good and the bad – ...Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10).  God wants us to rejoice in Him.  Our approach and attitude to God and life will make such a big difference in our outlook on life, our mood, health, and in our relationships with others.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.  Psalm 28:7

A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.  Proverbs 15:13

You never know who is really watching you, and that is why we are to live a strong Christian life to show others how we are true vessels in and of the Lord.

I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.  Psalm 9:1-2

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4

Be joyful in our God! Show that He is living in you! Sing praises to His name for joy's sake! Choose the happiness from within!  :D

Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.  Psalm 89:15

Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful.  Psalm 33:1

The light of the eyes rejoices the heart, and a good report makes the bones healthy.  Proverbs 15:30

May God bless you with joy, peace, happiness & His sweet presence today and every day! You folks have a super blessed Saturday and an amazing upcoming week!  ♥

message 31: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments March 21st, 2016 - First Spring Miracle

Happy Spring!

I'm looking out my office window at the 4 inches of snow that fell through the night. I was driving in the early morning hours in that snow, along with my pastor and another church member. We were coming back from Gloucester, Ma, where we'd been working on getting a new radio station on the air before the license expired at 3am.

Twenty-four years ago, God gave George Small a vision for radio in Boston, Ma. Despite being the home of revivals and past church leaders, New England has drifted far from God.

But now there's a station broadcasting solid teaching and music 24/7 that can be heard by the entire metro area of Boston, up the coast into New Hampshire, south onto the Cape and into Rhode Island, west into the Berkshires and northwest into Fitchburg.

Miracle 1 : Hundreds of people applied for this license (103.7 translator). Horizon Christian Fellowship was awarded.
Miracle 2 : A new full power station in Gloucester came up for sale, and we were able to get it at a discount since it was already a Christian station.
Miracle 3 : That new station had a license upgrade available where we could boost the power so that it could reach Boston and the translator.
Miracle 4 : Despite having no tower to move the antenna, while driving around, an old windmill tower was spotted, and the owner agreed to letting us install on it. The town of Gloucester was very supportive.
Miracle 5 : So now, with a plan, we had no money, no backers, no support. But we went forward anyway, believing it to be God's plan. And if He wanted it, He would provide for it. And He did.
Miracle 6 : The FCC would not allow a remote studio waiver at first, but a broadcaster GAVE us an AM station in Maine that we could use to provide a waiver.
Miracle 7 : As we struggled to get a signal to the tower, and the pastor was at the site praying, a Comcast truck pulled into the driveway. After a chat, he installed a new modem that same day.
Miracle 8 : As we struggled to get the station on the air -- the studio/transmitter link (STL) wasn't connecting and the transmitter was failing -- we took a leap of faith and sent a team to turn on the Boston transmitter. And although our rated power is 2.1kW, and our transmitter was only running the 100W exciter, nevertheless the Boston station picked up the signal and rebroadcast it on 103.7.

Understand that THIS is the biggest miracle of all -- that the signal broadcasting at a fraction of its rated power is actually picked up by the translator.

And finally, Miracle 9 : The Boston station, broadcasting at 10 watts, can be heard beyond the I-95 corridor. And despite the current transmitter problem (it's a bad ribbon cable), we're on the air to some 1.5 million people.

God is great!

message 32: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) That's amazing Matt! What is the station called? I live in CT, I wonder if we could get it here?

message 33: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments The Boston station is 103.7. We have one I. Rhode Island, too - I don't remember its frequency. Renewfm.org should list all the stations.

message 34: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Oh, okay thanks! :)

message 35: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) March 22, 2016: “Dwelling In Unity”

Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

My church has been going through tough but edifying times together for almost five months now. First we lost our Pastor, and since we had a small congregation we had no elders to step up and lead our church. We decided to continue meeting and not split up, we’ve been having visiting pastors from California, and Nebraska preaching and giving communion once a month. It’s been difficult, but the biggest lesson we learned through this was the importance of unity as a congregation.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

In Corinthians Paul beseeches his brethren to be of the same mind and let no divisions be among them. Our congregation has really taken this principle to heart, if we had split up we would have lost friendships, ruined future prospects for the church, and possibly failed to search the scriptures for the answer to our problem. As it turns out we are closer in our friendships, have high hopes for the future of the church, and have no regrets in our decisions. Of course we have differences, we argue and we disagree, but we never give up, we don’t let things get out of control and we’re learning more and more how to dwell together in unity as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

We can practice this with our family, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers. Think of how much better things would be if we all applied this principle to our lives. If we only thought about dwelling in unity and peace with each other we would have far less problems than we do now. But, of course, our human nature takes over and we find ourselves failing again and again. But don’t let that discourage you! Practice this modified saying: “If at first you don’t succeed, turn it over to God and trust Him!” (I added that end part as you might have guessed). ;)

So let’s practice dwelling in unity with each other. Put away strife and anger, be at peace with one another and put your hope and trust in the Lord. Amen!

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

message 36: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments Amen

message 37: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Devotional Thursdays - "Inspiration - Finding God In The Small Things..."

Thursday, March 24th, 2016
"Inspiration - Finding God In The Small Things..."

God always speaks to us in that loud, booming voice that we know so clear!
God's voice is always understood, for He never talks so low we need to pay extra attention...
God works in giant, shocking occurrences so we know He is there...

Wait, what? I'm worrying myself at this point... Scratch that idea - let's try again, eh?
Maybe the second time is the charm! :D

** Zechariah 4:10 **
For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel [with] those seven; they [are] the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

When I went to write this devotion, a particular story seemed to dawn on me...

A couple years ago, my brother got married, and what a beautiful thing that wedding was!
I was so excited to be the bridesmaid, and still, quite nervous...
However, before I start rambling on all the hilarious, fun, sweet, and adorable moments of the wedding, I must bypass all those stories for yet another day.

What I want to talk about here, is a small occurrence, that would be overlooked by many, but still remembered, oh so carefully, by me...

Flowers were carefully tied together with colorful bows, and ribbons, for each of the bridesmaids.
I just loved mine, for after all, it was with me through all the anxiety stricken stress that filled me through the wedding! :P
Later, after the wedding, and reception, and all the fun endowed, I went to find my flowers, and other belongings.
However, the more I looked, the more confused I became, because they seemed to had vanished!
It may of seemed silly to others, but these flowers meant so much to me... I had planned to keep that as a memento of the day my brother had gotten married...
And sadly, those flowers didn't want to cooperate...
I remember praying the whole time, hoping that no one had carried them off.

I kept looking, until my now, new sister, asked what I was searching so fiercely for. When I told her, her face suddenly turned a shade of white, that would really resemble that of a ghost.
She then told me she was sorry, that she didn't know it meant that much to me, for they had put all the flowers together, to throw for the flower toss.
I was saddened, but I was not about to let her, nor any of the other happy people know my worry --
So, I smiled, and told her that it was no problem at all...

I soon found my other belongings, and grabbed my other clothes from the bathroom shelf.
I heard something plop down behind me... And turned, to see my flowers, lying there!
I will not relay all the crazy cheering, and thanking the Lord I did, for really, that'd take too long! :P

Sometimes, I think we get hung up looking for the large, extravagant gifts God gives us, and forget that sometimes, the small things are what gives us pleasure!

Solomon, the wisest, and richest of kings, told us that out of all he had, he had found joy most in being with his family, eating and talking!
(Ecclesiastes 3:13)

Within this life, full of heartache, unknown plans, and bitter thoughts, we want the latest, greatest thing that makes us smile!
And yet, when we find that small miracle, do we notice it - or rather, do we scoff and think back to our other issues at hand...

My mind has been a little hectic for the past week, especially, but even though God hasn't answered my present requests, doesn't mean He is not aware!
The Lord is nigh unto those that are of a broken spirit (Psalms 34:18); He always listens, for He cares, and sometimes all we need... All we need, is to find the small things, to realize God is there!

Just look - and He will be there!

Thanks so much for reading, and I would love to know your thoughts below! Have any small miracles that are present in your memory? Have any prayer requests, or things you'd like to share?
I'd absolutely love to hear them!! :D

With lots of prayers, and love!

For other reference on small things, check out these sermon notes from Charles Spurgeon!
(They really inspired me!)

(God is there!)
Jesus loves you!

~M.K.

(I haven't quite figured out how to post images here... So the photos I create to go with this devotion, along with the flowers mentioned, can be found here : http://wp.me/p727FD-ce...)

:D

message 38: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments I keep a small glass cat on my desk -- reminds me I'll see my stepmom again one day. And it reminds of her tendency to collect just about anything!

message 39: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Tamara wrote: "Thank you so much Urs! I'll try to remember to remind you on Monday. Btw, I really loved your devotion!! Thank you again, I really appreciate your helping me out!!! :D"

Gosh! See? I'm a bumble head! Please forgive me! As you can see I needed that reminder. I'm sorry! And I am super glad you enjoyed my devotion. *g* Hopefully we can get it together better for next time! Hope you have a most blessed Easter time with your family! ♥

message 40: by Ursula (new)

I know it is not my time for devotions, but since it is Good Friday evening, I would like to post something that I shared over at my other group and at my own place over at LiveJournal. :)

GOOD BLESSED FRIDAY

He was from a small town, born to a young mother, working in a woodshop, apprenticed to His father. For thirty years, He lived in relative obscurity. Then, everything changed. He gathered followers, alienated the religious authorities, worked miracles. By the time He was about 33 years old, He was killed through the most heinous executions known to man. He was Jesus the Saviour, Christ the Messiah, God a very God -- and He died for us.

Pilate, the Roman authority officiating Jesus' execution, told the growing crowds that "No! This man has done no wrong! Don't let Him be crucified." But the people were insistent, they wanted Him dead. The Jewish authorities sneered in the background, knowing that for three years, they've wanted this man done away with. He was upturning their traditions, claiming fulfillment of their Scriptures, telling them they were arrogant and unworthy of the role of spiritual leaders. They now had gotten their way. Pilate gave in and ordered Jesus executed.

The suffering of death by crucifixion demanded a new word in the ancient vocabulary -- excruciating. The pain Jesus suffered was horrendous, but not more than the pain He suffered by allowing His Father, the third person of the Trinity who sent Him down to earth (John 5:23), to abandon Him to the fate of mankind's sin. All the pride, all the murder, all the selfishness, all the idolatry -- all this, He placed on Himself and paid the price of justice their actions demanded. The price was separation, separation from the love, care, and presence of God the Father. And so He cried out, "My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46). A hundred billion people, through the ages -- all their sin, He took upon Himself. And as the jeering crowds mocked Him, not knowing it was for this, their great evil He too was dying for, He said to them, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34).

He died that day, killed by the men whose sins He carried from God's eyes. Why did He do it? Because He was keeping to a promise, a promise of hope and salvation made long ago, to His special people Israel and also to the world. A promise that one day would come a Deliverer who will set at liberty those who were oppressed, to proclaim the year of Jubilee upon the land captured in its own sin. He died to set the captive free, to make righteous the sinner, to give joy to the ones who deserved only darkness for their deeds. Christ died to save souls who hated Him. He died for the people who didn't want Him interfering with their lives. He died for people who loved themselves more than God. He died for people who didn't love Him. He died for us.

message 41: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments A Dark Sabbath ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

**I chose to share about this because it is Easter week, and because I love how Dr. Charles Stanley says things, I chose his words to use today, since it was a "free week."

Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe. For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, “Not one of His bones shall be broken. ”And again another Scripture says, “They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”

Jesus Buried in Joseph’s Tomb

After this, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. So he came and took the body of Jesus. And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds. Then they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury. Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid. So there they laid Jesus, because of the Jews’ Preparation Day, for the tomb was nearby.  John 19:31-42 

Just as Christ once rested in the stern of a boat through a raging storm, He rested in the tomb as storms raged within His disciples. A day after Jesus’ death, fear, doubt, and grief must have cycled endlessly through their minds. Memories of their lives with Him must have played there too: how it felt to stand upon a rolling sea, to feed thousands with a few loaves of bread, or to see Lazarus’ burial clothes heaped in the dirt. No doubt their hearts grew sick with confusion as they contemplated these things.

The disciples’ feeble faith shouldn’t surprise us, because if we’re honest, we see it in ourselves. The “little of faith,” as Jesus often called them, failed to believe or remember things the Lord said of Himself—that He’d lay down His life and take it up again. Had His followers faithfully held these things in their hearts, that Sabbath day might have been a time of joyful anticipation.

At times in our lives, God may seem absent, but ultimately we know that He will never leave us (Heb. 13:5). And unlike the disciples, we’ll never experience the dark prospect of a failed Savior. But many times we forget the promises of God. In the face of uncertainty, how frequently do we turn to a “do-it-yourself” Christianity to fix our problems?

Too often we look no further than our own solutions, when what we need is the wonder-working power of Christ’s resurrection and a posture of humility as we wait on Him. If we are willing to wait through the darkness of night, we can rest in knowing that morning will surely come.

**Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2016 All Rights Reserved.

message 42: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) @Urs I really enjoyed that! And it's fine, I totally forgot to remind you so it's my fault.

message 43: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Hello, It's been a while since I did a devotion, got to rotate people. I'm here (as in writing to you) because I've been asked to fill in today. So the topic i'll be focusing on is "Lazarus, come forth" and the scripture is John 11 vs 38-44.

38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

My devotion is not based on Lazarus the person but our situations that seem like Lazarus- dead. In verse 39 of John 11 Jesus asks Martha to remove the grave stone and she protests against the idea. Just like Martha, often times, Jesus tries to intervene and we don't allow Him due to one thing or another, then we say 'God has forsaken me'. The thing is, in order for our lives and our worship to be honorable, we must listen to the voice of the Lord even if it seems ridiculous. We all can attest to the fact that he is a mysterious God. Jesus healed a bling man by spitting on his hand and mixing it with dirt and rubbed it on the man's eyes! He has enough power to just speak sight into the man but he chose to show us that all problems aren't solved the same.

IN verse 40 Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” That was the statement that prompted them to roll the stone away. In verse 41, Jesus said something that really opened my eyes. Even though He is one with His father He prays! The scripture says 'Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” ' He did not have to pray, He did not have to say anything but he did it so we could get a bit of an understanding of Him. For cannot understand God, His might, power, knowledge, even his existence is too much for our simple minds to comprehend. Jesus proceeded to call Lazarus. I'm sure many of the spectators started whispering among themselves wondering if He was getting mad, but to their surprise the DEAD man came out, with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.
And Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

Jesus spake three words and Lazarus rose! Yet, there are many who doubt Him. Many who refuse to lean on Him. Many who try to solve their problems on their own. It took three words to solve Mary and Martha's situation, image what would happen on our behalf, afterall, we are His sons and daughters. Why fight battles that aren't our own? Why struggle and suffer when we have a father who is a millionaire? Why battle sickness when our father is the great physician?

It is full time that we as Christians take a stand. Take a stand for our country (wherever you are from, seeing as we are from different country's). Take a stand for our church, no matter the denomination! As long as we are serving Christ, we are of the same body. It's time we be bold in Christ and command our situations. We need to look at our situations that seem dead, lost, hopeless and speak in the name of Jesus, that like Lazarus, they shall come forth.

Believe it or not, according to the devil's plans many of us weren't supposed to be standing for righteousness, many of us should've been dead, disabled, voiceless, broken but because of our father that has given us His unmerited favor (Grace) we are free. I charge us today to be bold for Jesus, I must admit we shall be persecuted because of our beliefs bust as we like to say at the church I attend "The hotter the battle, the sweeter the victory.

Oceans by Hillsong- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGRz2...
Four days late by Gaither- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se7yA...
Stand up, stand up for Jesus- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r11Gm...

I pray God's richest blessing upon all of you, your families and your friends. I hope you have a blessed day.

message 44: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments I didn't realize it was that long till I posted it!

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia Hi! I heard this was random week

message 46: by Julia (new)

Julia Hi! I heard this was random week

message 47: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) March 27, 2016: Sunday Prayer

Today is Resurrection Sunday, or as it's more commonly known Easter! Today is a day of celebration and remembrance of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.
There are a few things I'd like to share with you if I may, both relating specifically to this special occasion.
The first is a news article from fox news that was delightfully surprising. You can read it here: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/0...
The second is a song that you may not have heard before but that I find perfect for the remembrance of the sacrifice and ressurection of Christ. It's called See What a Morning. You can listen to it and read the lyrics here: http://www.gettymusic.com/hymns-seewh...

Dear Lord,
We come to you on this celebratory day to give thanks to you for your gift of redemption and salvation to us. We know we don't deserve your mercy or forgiveness and we confess that we are sinful and unworthy of your unfathomable love.
Thank you for another wonderful week of devotions and fellowship with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you for sending your Son to die on the cross for our sins and raising Him up again in power and glory, to take away the sins of the world and place them upon Himself.
Lord we praise your Holy name and trust your plans for our futures. Grant us the wisdom, strength, and hope to continue walking in your ways and showing the world your love. Unite us together as the body, church, and sons and daughters of Christ. We pray all of this in your will and Holy name.
Amen!

message 48: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Bishop | 24 comments Lee-lette wrote: "Hello, It's been a while since I did a devotion, got to rotate people. I'm here (as in writing to you) because I've been asked to fill in today. So the topic i'll be focusing on is "Lazarus, come f..."

Much appreciate the insights brought out from this passage, especially the fact the Jesus simply spoke just three words to completely change this dead situation ... how we need to have that same experience of God's Word specifically directed into our lives.

message 49: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) March 29, 2016: “Perseverance, Strong!”

Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Once you start living a Christian life it’s hard to remember to persevere in everything you do, whether that is persevering in knowing God more, searching the scriptures, prayer, evangelism, etc. Not many people think of perseverance when they think of following the Lord, but the truth is it might be the most important thing in the Christian walk.

But why is it so important? Well, think of it this way...when you accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour you don’t immediately go back to your former lifestyle, that one moment changed your life and there’s no going back, you don’t see it as done and over, it is a continuous lifestyle that constantly changes. It’s the same with marriage in a way, once you exchange vows and rings before God then you are married, there’s no going back and you’re forever changed (even if you divorce it affects the rest of your life). It’s a lifestyle, and a lifestyle requires perseverance to keep it strong, healthy, and thriving.

Without perseverance you have an empty shell of meaningless commitment. If you don’t persevere in your walk with the Lord and you let your faith fall away then you are throwing away God’s grace and denying your salvation. Without perseverance how are you supposed to convince unbelievers that your faith is real? Our greatest testimony is in our actions, or as the old saying goes “actions speak louder than words.” I believe this wholeheartedly!

Colossians 1:11-12 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

You may have noticed that none of these verses include the word “perseverance”, but let me point out that the word “endurance” means essentially the same thing. Actually, in other translations of the Bible “endurance” is changed to “perseverance” in passages like these. The word “patience” also has a lot to do with perseverance. Waiting on the Lord with endurance and patience is important to practice, especially during rough and trying times in your life.

So, let’s run with perseverance the race that is before us! This is not only a reminder to have patience, this is a call to action, to keep at it till the day we leave to live with our Lord in eternity! Stay strong and endure, the Lord will not let you fall or stumble if you keep your eyes fixed on the prize and run in perseverance! Don’t slack and never let your guard down!! Amen!

message 50: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Stephen wrote: "Lee-lette wrote: "Hello, It's been a while since I did a devotion, got to rotate people. I'm here (as in writing to you) because I've been asked to fill in today. So the topic i'll be focusing on i..."
I'm glad you got something from my devotion Stephen :)

@Tamara- Great devotion as usual. You could publish your own book of devotions for teens or young adults. It'd surely create a rave :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.