Perpetual Booknerds discussion

Born at Midnight > Tuesday: ch 9-13 (pg. 52-108)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod

message 2: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
Well this is really flying along. So we don't know what she is. Dang it I really wanted to know lol. I don't know how I feel about Lucas or Derek. Derek seems a bit different like he wants to be around her and know her but it might be curiosity but then again he's a bit off somehow. Also he was all curious about her and her stuff but he doesn't want to talk about his gift I think he has some kind of charm or something that puts people at ease or pulls them in to him and it's more about that than his looking like her ex that has her mixed up feelings. And the Lucas he killed her cat, which fyi reading that made me pause to go cuddle my cat, but that was years ago so maybe he first turned and didn't know what happened to him and he attacked it without knowing. Then the threat wasn't a threat but a warning so he wouldn't have to hurt the kitty which if that's the case would be sweet. But I don't know he seems super aggressive now I'm guessing the camp pack alpha.

Don't know about Della's cousin that is a bit freaky. Also I'd feel the need to carry a weapon around something that could work on all kinds lol. Though if she wanted to get out of there she could always call her dad and be like so the kid who lived next door who killed my cat is here and he scares the crap out of me. He would probably pull her out. Maybe but who knows they suck as parents. Night terrors yep go to camp.

Oh and as for ex boyfriend. Nope. Don't meet him when he comes. He's only looking you up because you'll be closer than his piece of booty and he's thinking maybe you'll be up for sex now and if not then maybe he could get something while on break.

message 3: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod
Well.... I was at the edge of my seat, dying to know what she was...and then nothing. I'm so curious!!!

I really hope she doesn't even consider getting back with Trey. He sounds pretty horrible. Now Derek I don't know about, I'm on the fence for now with him. I feel like he can go both ways. As for Lucas, I'm wondering if he knew that something happened to her cat and tried to warn her but didn't harm the kitty himself. If that's the case, he just didn't have the best delivery. If he killed it by accident like he turned for the first time and had no control and had no idea what was happening to him, I'd be willing to forgive him, even though that makes me really sad for the kitty. If however, he killed her cat on purpose i won't be able to forgive him no matter what. I just have a feeling there's more to him.

So far I think I really like Della; her cousin not so much.

I'm very intrigued by this book. :)