Perpetual Booknerds discussion

Born at Midnight > Wednesday: ch 14-20 (109-170)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod

message 2: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod
Well I am super scared by the guys in the black suits; they can't be anything good. I still don't know how I feel about Derek. I don't think I could trust him either, but I felt like accusing him to be a rapist was a bit harsh. And I really wish she'd stop using the word "freaks". I mean I know that she's having a hard time right now, but that's no excuse to be mean towards the others.

The scene with Perry did make me laugh out loud, because while what he did was wrong, the entire scene was just too funny.

I really think there's more to Lucas and I am looking forward to finding out one way or another.

message 3: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
See I knew Derek had something there. And while I think accusing him of being a rapist was a bit harsh I also don't feel bad for him. If your power is to control someone emotions then if you're trying to date a girl, one who knows about the supernatural, then you owe it to her to be honest before hand so she can know what she's getting into. Also I don't believe he didn't use it on her, her emotions flipped too quickly. Like how she suddenly gives into things...yeah given that your last BF broke us with you because you wouldn't sleep with him and he seems to be able to push away all your fears and doubts which might stop herself that could be the same thing and using it to get a girl to say yes.

The kitty scene yeah that was hilarious. When I saw the cat I knew NOPE in a place with shape shifters you can't expect animals to be animals lol. Loved how she handled it though and I hope he is mortified.

These men in the suits don't bode well. I don't like them. Also what's up with the ghost getting closer and making her pass out. Also what's up with Lucas?