Perpetual Booknerds discussion

Born at Midnight > Sunday: Ch 37-42 (pg. 339- end)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod

message 2: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
So I had to go ahead and finish early because come on.

So now I have some new theories. I am not okay with Lucas having left her a letter and seeming all sweet but going on the lamb with his she-wolf. Not cool. I still don't trust Derek 100% there is just something about the way she sees things different around him that makes me think something sketchy is happening. But having found out her dad is her ghost and how her mom described him maybe he had the same power and if her dad didn't seem like a good guy I would be tempted to think he was Dereks run away dad and that would make them related. I do want to know what the letter says.

Also her mom makes a bit more sense now but I have a hard time forgiving someone who can't even comfort they child when they lose their grandma. But she did take a few steps up. Step dad is still way down in the crappy dad spot, while I get part of it you can't demand she never know and then drop her like a dime and when you come to see your daughter after blowing her off since walking out on the family and spend less than an hour and part of that is hitting on her counselor no.

So next book I'm expecting- to find out who put the flipping tiger in her room. to find out or at least get closer to figuring out what she is. to visit the falls. love triangle drama. and Perry to grow the balls and kiss Miranda. Speaking of I'm so happy she is helping Miranda with her dyslexia and that she could get rid of the toad because nope would I like it at all to find a toad in my place, especially one who likes to perv on underage girls!!!!

message 3: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this book. There are many things that were left unanswered for the next book in the series. I am not 100% ok with Lucas being with Frederika. But at the same time Kylie can't really be that angry since she made out with Derek. I don't like love triangles for this reason. I always feel like if the guy cheats it's always worse than when the girl does and l don't agree with that. I'm not a fan of double standards. So if Kylie thinks it's okay to kiss Derek bc at the end of the day she is not with Lucas, she then can't be upset if he does the same. Plus just because Frederika is with him it doesn't mean anything is going on. He could be helping her with her family situation and nothing more.

I was so pleasantly surprised by Daniel being her dad. Absolutely loved it! And the convo between Kylie and her mom was great.

All in all, I am looking forward to starting Awake at Dawn and see where the story goes next.

message 4: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
I don't like double standards either but she didn't make out with Derek while being with Lucas, she was wanting something to happen with Lucas maybe but he did leave and knowing he was with his girl she figures she should maybe stop fighting her feelings for Derek. At least that's how I see it.