Kenyons Minions discussion

General SK Book discussion > Your favourite SK books?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments What books of Sherrilyn Kenyon stood out to you. As in you could probably read it over and over again, as long as there is enough time between each reading; so you don't get bored because you already recognize the story.

I can't remember the book names for all of them. But here goes

Valerius and Tabitha
Zarek and Astrid
Sin and Katra
Wulf and Cassandra
Seth and Lydia
Vane and Bride
Fang and Aimee
Dev and Samia
Acheron and Soteria
Styxx and Bethany
Stryker and Zephyra

The league
Syn and Shahara
Dancer and Sumi
Talyn and Felicia
Caillen and Desideria
Druxton and Zarya

The other books were good or okay on the first read, but they just don't really draw me in the same way; where I feel this compulsion to read them again. I've read Styxx three times already, of course on the second and third read...I skipped Styxx's isolation, and went straight to the part where he met Urian.

Out of the 10 books in the League series only 5 called out to me.

out of the 29 current dark hunter/were hunter/dream hunter books only 11 stood out to me

message 2: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Isn't it amazing that there are THAT MANY books you love? Most authors don't even WRITE that many, much less have everybody love that many.

message 3: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments All the books that I reread over and over again when I don't have a new SK novel to feed my addiction

Dark Hunter:
Night Pleasure
Dance With The Devil
Night Play
Night Embrace
Unleash The Night
Dream Chaser
Dream Warrior
Guardian
Acheron & Styxx
Dragonbane & Son of No One( more for details and supporting characters)
Devil May Cry

CON:
Instinct
Illusion

League:
Born of Ice
Born of Fury
Born of Betrayal

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments Cindi yes it is amazing :D

hm Night Pleasure - haha I'm the sort of person whose pretty black and white. I hate being the mediator between two people who don't get along.

I side with Valerius, so i can't stand reading a book about Kyrian. I used to like his book, now I don't.

I know Kyrian had a crap life, and I can understand his anger and hatred towards Valerius but I'm not sure if your the same way, but some Dark Hunter characters I'm loyal to over others.

In fact it's difficult to reread Acheron's book, because of my loyalty to Styxx; and Styxx is portrayed in a bad way in Acheron's book. I'm also loyal to Acheron, but to Styxx more so.

I would have been torn between my loyalty to Zarek and Valerius - which is equal but thank goodness they became friends....uhh I think?

Vane and Bride's story was frighteningly refreshing, I was sick of the whole skinny girl stuff.

I also love Nick's books, but I didn't like Illusion...no offence but it pissed me off for Nick to be in a strange parallel world....it was boring. I wanted him to be back in his own world, where Caleb and Ash are badass and where all the fun is. Just saying.

message 5: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I like Val, Zarek and Kyrian. All for different reasons. Can't read Val's book though despite my love for him and Tabitha. I was unprepared for certain deaths in that book.

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments Oh is that why you didn't read it. Yeah you really have to brace yourself for it and be strong to go through that book.

message 7: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Ah dangit. I meant reread. lol
I can't reread his book. Once was enough.

message 8: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 130 comments Wow Kat! You are a reader after my own heart. I was marking mental checks and nodding yeses after all the couples you listed. I also habe the more loyalty to Styxx but still adore Ash issue. I am actually rereading for the first time. I am going through them all. For some reason I love the weres the most this time around.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments Have you noticed the books seem to change each time you read it. Your more attentive to parts that you weren't as attentive to before?

Before in Instinct I was pissed off that Cherise Gautier couldn't handle the paranormal because she was a (view spoiler)

message 10: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments I know, Kat! I'm rereading some of her books right now and I think I was so in love with these completely different and obsession-worthy books (of course, it WASN'T her delish Dark Hunters...ha!) that I didn't notice enough of the details.

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments I actually skip the sex scenes now because the intense emotions distract me from the bigger picture. I seem to get more details about the story and more knowledge about the characters when I skip those scenes.

message 12: by Navarnna (last edited Sep 17, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Navarnna Thomas | 3 comments I love all the CoN Books. From Dark Hunter I got love for:
Kyrian and Amanda
Talon and Sunshine
Julian and Grace
Vane and Bride
Wren and Maggie
Xyper and Simone
Jericho and Delphine
Fang and Aimee
Seth and Lydia
Styxx and Bethany
Cadegon and Josephine

I find it hard to read Acheron due to my loyalty to Styxx and Nick

message 13: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Aww...Wren & Maggie! Forgot how much I loved Wren.

Even tho I've reread several of these books, I am making an effort to reread them in order now, just so I can gather details I missed before. I pretty much loved ALL the books in the (main?) series until Dream Hunters (where I got lost...) so will be curious if I enjoy the Post Dream books more this time.

message 14: by Cora C (new)

Cora C | 32 comments All the Chronicles books are amazing. I love all of them.

Then, in DH universe : Styxx is my favourite. I also like The Guardian and Dragonsworn. I love when we have action, mysteries and informations about other mysteries.

In The League universe the best book is definitively Born of Legend. I also liked a lot Born of Silence, Cloak and Silence, Born of Fury, Born of Defiance and Born of Betrayal.

Both of SK's universes are so good. The League is a little bit darker but the right amount, not too much.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Styxx, Born of Legend, Born of Betrayal, Dance with the Devil, Dream Chaser, Night Play, and Devil May Cry

message 16: by *Sarah Elaine* (new)

*Sarah Elaine* | 29 comments Styxx, Born of Fury, and Born of Legend. Basically all the Born series except with Born of Vengeance it's the last on the totem pole for me. Also, I cant wait for Styxx's son's story!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments Born of Legend is definitely one of her masterpieces. I picked it up in hardback a couple months ago off the clearance table at my Books A Million. That sucker is HUGE!!! Without doubt the biggest hardback I own. It could take on a dictionary and win.

Born of Night and Acheron are my top favorites. And I forgot to take mine last week for her to autograph. Realized it when I was too far down the road to turn around. So I bought a copy of Born of Silence and got that one autographed instead.

I also adore Devil May Cry, Dark Side of the Moon, and Styxx. Loving Dragonsworn so far too.

message 18: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) | 38 comments I just finished The Guardian, so I had to change my top 3!

3.Seize the Night
2.The Guardian
1. Styxx

Styxx and Bethany have to be all time favorite couple, followed closely behind by Val and Tabby.

Apropos of nothing, of nothing, is there a book about Jaden? Because there really should be!

message 19: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Katherine wrote: "I just finished The Guardian, so I had to change my top 3!

3.Seize the Night
2.The Guardian
1. Styxx

Styxx and Bethany have to be all time favorite couple, followed closely behind by Val and Tabb..."

No there isn't one about Jaden but Jaden does appear in Invision in CoN ;)

message 20: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) | 38 comments Speaking of Jaden and The Guardian. Where is the story about Set and Seth. I am missing something. Set turns his back on him and then loves him by the end of Styxx. Confused.

message 21: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments Katherine wrote: "Speaking of Jaden and The Guardian. Where is the story about Set and Seth. I am missing something. Set turns his back on him and then loves him by the end of Styxx. Confused."

There was supposed to be a scene where Set and Seth reunite and talk about what happened, but it was apparently cut.

From what I have gathered from some of the books, what happened was that Set never rejected his son, he was tricked into the desert (by Leto?) where he was chained and left to die for thousands of years until Styxx found him, and while he was stuck in there, someone pretended to be him and made Seth believe his father had turned his back on him. Why? Who knows.

message 22: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) | 38 comments That is kind of what I thought. That's just sort of sloppy. I am dying to know more about Jaden, as in a whole book''s worth. It better not be the shit show that was Stygian.

message 23: by Marie (last edited Aug 16, 2019 06:16AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Bren wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Speaking of Jaden and The Guardian. Where is the story about Set and Seth. I am missing something. Set turns his back on him and then loves him by the end of Styxx. Confused."

Th..."

I don't think someone pretended to be him. The way I understood it is that he never answered Seth's calls for help, so Seth assumed his father abandonned him when in reality he was chained up in the desert. And because Seth called for the help of his family while he was in the desert, Set's domain, none of the other Egyptian gods could hear his cries because they never enter Set's territory. So Seth thought he'd been abandoned by his entire family on his paternal side when they didn't even know he existed. And none of the other Egyptian gods found Set chained up in the desert because none of them dared enter there for fear of retribution from Set. I don't think anyone pretended to be him, the other gods just never knew anything had happened to him.

message 24: by Bren (last edited Aug 16, 2019 12:32PM) (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments "It doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as I, never mind share my name! How dare you name such a wretch after me. If you think by whelping it you would endear yourself to me, think again.

With his father's words ringing in his ears, Seth started away from her."

"...After [Seth's mother] left him there, Set had a newfound respect for her and took her in as his mistress."

Her own tears fell as the image of Seth in the desert haunted her. "Does he know about that?"

"Of course he does. He could even hear them talk about him and mock him when they were alive. The thing that haunts him most is how they would laugh over his weak, pathetic cries for help."

That is all from The Guardian, so yeah, there was someone that was pretending to be Set for some unknown reason, maybe Apollo, who knows.

message 25: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Riiiight. And when they met, Mennie says she would never "deny her own kin" like Seth's father did, so she knew about him. She just...did nothing? Like, I get that she didn't hear his tortured cries in the desert, but he roamed around with jackals for a while. Was he in the desert the whole time? No way for her to drop in if he was…

I feel like pretending to be Bathymaas' dad would not really be Apollo's move here. Kinda creepy. She was already a statue by then, so who knows. Screwing with her little brother definitely sounds like something he'd do. Especially if it screwed Set in the process.

message 26: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "Riiiight. And when they met, Mennie says she would never "deny her own kin" like Seth's father did, so she knew about him. She just...did nothing? Like, I get that she didn't hear his tortured crie..."

Yeah that def sounds like something Apollo would do.

I wonder what Mennie was up to for the last couple thousands of years. Like Maahes said that Ma'at still had her own golden temple in Egypt but didn't like it since it was 'too flashy' plus we know now that she's always been a Primal goddess so I wonder if she was in trouble like Set/Rezar in the meantime?

Like it surprisingly didn't take much for her to get kidnapped in One Silent Night and Invision so maybe something did happen that we just don't know about?

message 27: by Marie (last edited Aug 16, 2019 06:26PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments In CON, Nick said she went missing and someone answered "again?". So something definitely happened.