Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Enchanted April, Elizabeth von Armin. 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margarette) | 292 comments The Enchanted April, Elizabeth von Arnim
5 stars

Four women, all residents of London but strangers to each other, rent a home in Italy to get away from it all for one month.

A trip to Italy, especially its countryside, has been on my bucket list for years. Although it's probably dated, the book's vivid descriptions of hilltop views, fields of flowers and beautiful trees make me want to see Italy even more.

This classic was published in 1922 and is a product of its time in several ways, but its overall charm is timeless. I loved the writing, which reminded me of another English author, Barbara Pym

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5794 comments I loved this little gem of a novel.

message 3: by punxsygal (new)

punxsygal | 284 comments This was a lovely book. I was surprised how much I liked it. The movie, too.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margarette) | 292 comments punxsygal wrote: "This was a lovely book. I was surprised how much I liked it. The movie, too."

Me too, BC and Punxsygal.It ended way too soon for me. I didn't know about a movie, Punxsygal. I'll have to look for it Hope it's on Netflix or Prime

message 5: by punxsygal (new)

punxsygal | 284 comments Margarette wrote: "punxsygal wrote: "This was a lovely book. I was surprised how much I liked it. The movie, too."

Me too, BC and Punxsygal.It ended way too soon for me. I didn't know about a movie, Punxsygal. I'll ..."

It is on Netflix streaming.

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margarette) | 292 comments Thanks Punxsygal