♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Group Reads > Six of Crows

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments I was super impressed with this book. Unlike many others, I wasn't a huge fan of the Grisha series, so I was a bit nervous about trying this one, but I immediately was pulled into the world and the "heist". Awesome, complex characters and deep themes made this one of my favorite reads in a while!

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) HOLY CHEESE BALLS! This book was awesome. Bardugo really took her Grisha world and turned it all the way up. The setting, the plot, the characters; everything was perfect. I loved all the action and how grown up the group was even though they were teens. The subtle romance between each pairing was amazing as well. Nothing felt forced. It all flowed. That ending was just torture though. You can't flip the script like that and then keep me hanging. That's just not fair.

message 4: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Well said, Tracey! And I agree, that ending....gah! Talk about cliffhangers LOL. Need. Book. Two. Now.

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) Yes, I am in desperate need for the second novel.

message 6: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I am having trouble getting into this one. Maybe it is the audiobook narration? I think I should try the ebook since you all like it so much

message 7: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Hmm maybe, sometimes I struggle with the audio and the print/ebook version makes a difference for me. I didn't try the audiobook for this one, but I loved the ebook :) Hope you end up enjoying whichever version you decide on!

message 8: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) I read the hardcover copy. I rarely listen to audiobooks.

message 9: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) Some are great, like the Deanna Madden series, but others (especially with this type of setting) are not fun to listen to. I'm chalking this up to a DNF but I might get around to it in the future. I think I should read the Grisha books first though.

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) I loved the Grisha series. It might help set the tone for this book.

message 11: by Mara (new)

Mara | 4 comments I read this book a few months ago and I really loved it! It's the first Leigh Bardugo book I've ever read (her Grisha trilogy is still waiting in my TBR) and I was really impressed! The world-building was amazing and the events got me so excited 'till the end. (THE ENDING!!)

Definitely can't wait for Crooked Kingdom!

message 12: by Kyla (new)

Kyla Gergely (kygergely) | 12 comments Oh my goodness. So I read this a little while ago, and at first I was not impressed. I was reading chapter by chapter hoping it would grip my interest at some point. Man did I get my wish! About half way through chapter 5 something clicked into place for me and I could not get enough of this book! Cannot wait for the second one! I didn't read any of the Grisha trilogy which may be why it took a little bit to click into place for me.

message 13: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Ha! That's awesome, Kyla, I'm glad you stuck with it. I read the first Grisha book, but not the others. I thought Six of Crows was WAY better :) Hope the sequel is just as good!