♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Group Reads > Illuminae

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Feb 28, 2016 04:03PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do.

This afternoon, her planet was invaded.

The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit.

But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again.

Told through a fascinating dossier of hacked documents—including emails, schematics, military files, IMs, medical reports, interviews, and more—Illuminae is the first book in a heart-stopping, high-octane trilogy about lives interrupted, the price of truth, and the courage of everyday heroes.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I love this book so much! I hope everyone or a lot of people enjoy it too :-)

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2016 04:07PM) (new)

This book was one of my top 10 favourite books of 2015.

It instantly grabbed me when I started it, I loved the way it was written and the way it switched between light and dark paper was very eye pleasing to me. The story Jay and Amie told in Illuminae was a great introduction to its series in my opinion.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I totally agree~~~ the pages and the cover caught my eye and I read the last half in one night I just couldn't put it down. I loved the ending and i literally can't wait for he second book~~

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book, easily one of my favorites in 2015. I loved that the book didn't really have a POV and I loved how AIDAN got its own POV. I seriously can't wait for the second book.

message 6: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Agreed! Awesome book, so INTENSE, especially toward the end. And that twist completely got me! I really liked the unique format as well, so cool!

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Traggiai | 1 comments I tried to read this book a couple months ago and could NOT get into it, but now I love it! It has some really unexpected twists and lovable characters. I'm so glad this group motivated me to read it!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Please don't say there is a twist that is like spoiling the book cause then you know their is a twist and are expecting it and are prepared for it. :(

Kari (BookandCoffeeLover) (clear_tranquil) | 10 comments Pleasantly surprised with this book. I'm not much of a sci-fi reader but this book was amazing! I was blown away with how much I loved this book. It was nearly impossible to put down and I loved everything about it!

message 10: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I actually started this book and forgot about it. I think I left off around 40% but didn't find it too interesting. I got excited when they introduced the virus so I'm not sure why I never picked it back up... I'll finish it before April though.

message 11: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Farren wrote: "I actually started this book and forgot about it. I think I left off around 40% but didn't find it too interesting. I got excited when they introduced the virus so I'm not sure why I never picked i..."

I hope you get to finish it! Trust me, it gets way more interesting in the second half and will have you clutching together book or your ereader and gasping lol

message 12: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) This book is in a league of its own. It's damn near perfect. It was confusing at times and sometimes hurt my eyes with the writing style, but I loved every bit of it. I'm still not sure what this book is exactly about but I know I want more of it. Ezra, Kady, and AIDAN. were just awesome. You don't get much of Ezra but he's a strong presence. He's a lovable goofball and I'm happy that (view spoiler) Kady was annoying but the final showdown definitely had me rooting for her. AIDAN was the anti-hero and I still don't know how I feel about him...it...whatever. All I know is that I am beyond excited for the next book.

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat Lewis I picked this book up without knowing ANYTHING about it and I was sooooo happy I took a chance on it! The layout is what really kept me engaged throughout the entire book. LOVED IT

message 14: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Welker (juliamae) Reading this sort of felt like I was reading a script instead of a book because I couldn't "see" the characters body language. The way it was told was awesome if you like reading scripts and great pictures and notes, etc. However, I like a lot of description so I zoned out on this one. I bet I will love the movie that's supposed to be coming.