Historical Romance Book Club discussion

Gaol/BOTM > BOTM March 16 to 31 - The Duke is Mine (Fairytale Retold)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 480 comments Mod

Discussion thread for March 16 to 31, 2016 BOTM. Please remember to use the spoiler tags when necessary! (please see "some html is ok" for instructions)

Happy reading! :)

In the capable hands of USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Eloisa James, the fairy tales we loved as children take on vibrant—and sensuous—new life. With The Duke is Mine, the beloved author of A Kiss at Midnight and When Beauty Tamed the Beast gives the classic tale of the Princess and the Pea a delightfully romantic Regency spin. Fans of Victoria Alexander and Julia Quinn will simply adore this historical romance gem about a lady reluctantly betrothed to one duke but pursued by another; a tantalizing tale of love, lies, and one very uncomfortable mattress.

message 2: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) So, Ladies, I shall sit this one out. I have a big hate-on for this book.

message 3: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae | 1119 comments Ally wrote: "So, Ladies, I shall sit this one out. I have a big hate-on for this book."

I read some of the reviews and wondered. I will see come mid March

message 4: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 480 comments Mod
Ally wrote: "So, Ladies, I shall sit this one out. I have a big hate-on for this book."

Oh no!

message 5: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Kat wrote: "Ally wrote: "So, Ladies, I shall sit this one out. I have a big hate-on for this book."

Oh no!"

Hahahaha then again i love laura kinsale!

message 6: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 2261 comments Ally wrote: "So, Ladies, I shall sit this one out. I have a big hate-on for this book."

Ally, why the big hate-on for this book? Have you read it before?

message 7: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Mariana wrote: "Ally wrote: "So, Ladies, I shall sit this one out. I have a big hate-on for this book."

Ally, why the big hate-on for this book? Have you read it before?"

Yea, no wish to ruin it for others, I can IM you to discuss if you wish however, it's only my less than humble opinion.

message 8: by Mariana (last edited Mar 18, 2016 06:11PM) (new)

Mariana | 2261 comments I found the book today at HPB, so I am going to join the read. I read through chapter 6 today. The first was not overly engaging, but I truly enjoyed the first meeting of the H/H. I am looking forward to how it progresses.

message 9: by Morghan (new)

Morghan (pvintagedesign) Ok so I just finished this book and it is definitely not my favorite. I didn't gags it or anything, but i did feel like she toyed with infidelity, which I didn't like, and the fairy tale retelling portion wasn't really that strong. To be fair, The Princess and the Pea is a fairy tale that doesn't have a lot of background to work with, but I still felt the story a little lacking.

message 10: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 2261 comments I finished as well. It was my first book by Eloisa James. I enjoyed her writing style and plan to read more.