What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance: Little girl tells hero he should wake the heroine up with a kiss

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Troyer | 7 comments This was in a contemporary romance novel that I started reading and never got to finish. I read it more than 6 months ago.

The heroine was either just waking up or pretending to sleep or something... anyway, she overhears a little girl (I think they were babysitting?) telling the hero that he's supposed to kiss her awake because that's what happens in all the stories. The heroine has an uh-oh/cringe moment because she's embarrassed.

It was a super cute moment! I want to say this was in a book where the hero had to protect the heroine because she was in danger, but I honestly can't remember that clearly. I thought I knew what book it was in, but it wasn't in any of the books I thought it might be. I know this is really vague, but it's driving me NUTS that I can't find this book!

message 2: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments Shoot, it sounds familiar. Do you remember anything else? Some other detail? I think I've read a book with this scene, but there is so many books in my e-library that I won't be able to find it unless you have any more specifics - h/H occupation, some side character...anything really...

message 3: by Katie (last edited Feb 28, 2016 03:45PM) (new)

Katie Troyer | 7 comments I really wish I could! I want to say there was an unrequited love element in it (she liked him and he didn't know it) or that the hero was a friend of her brother or something...

I'm really drawing a blank on all the big "this would help" items, but I'm pretty sure it was part of a series.

message 4: by Christen (new)

Christen Wright | 92 comments I read a book with something like this, but the girls best friend is the guys sister and the child who said something about kissing is a boy and it was the guy son and the son loved dragons and knight stuff like that

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Troyer | 7 comments What book is that? Maybe I'm just remembering it really wrong...

message 6: by Christen (new)

Christen Wright | 92 comments Where I belong J. Daniels

Sorry I don't know how to get the link to pop on you could just click on the name.

The girls name is Mia and guy is Ben and the sister is Tessa the little boy is Noah I think. Ben was really mean to Mia when she was young she was heavy set and Ben had no problem pointing it out. She leaves comes back for the summer and her and Ben sees each other again. Ben wants her forever Mia can't get over the thing he did and says, bit Noah helps alot

message 7: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments Where I Belong by J. Daniels for Christen's suggestion.

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie Troyer | 7 comments Nope, that wasn't it. It looks like a good one though!

Nela, did you remember the one you were thinking of or was it the same one?

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Katie, is this romance for young/teens or older adults?

A guess - Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage? It sounds like the little girl is the hero's sister who has cerebral palsy.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie Troyer | 7 comments It's an adult romance, but I don't think it's that one either :(

message 11: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments Well to be honest I haven't been looking since there are no details that could help me narrow it down, I've got hundreds of books and can't just open every each on of them and search for similar scene :) That's why I asked if you remembered anything else, so I can make some selection...

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Katie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 13: by Ann (last edited Dec 05, 2019 11:14AM) (new)

Ann | 530 comments Rising Tides by Nora Roberts? I remember one part where Grace's little girl Aubrey tells Ethan to "kiss Mama." Later in the book, Ethan finds Grace napping outside the house.

message 14: by Aelin (new)

Aelin Barrow  (aelinbarrow) Not romance but maybe the whatever after series