Danielle L. Jensen's Reader Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Stolen Songbird Read-Along > Favorite Quote Giveaway!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Mar 17, 2016 11:04AM) (new)

Danielle Jensen | 359 comments Mod
Post your favourite quote from STOLEN SONGBIRD for a chance to win BOTH the STOLEN SONGBIRD & HIDDEN HUNTRESS audiobooks (via Audible/Amazon). One entry per person! Giveaway closes March 18 at 11pm ET. International.

You need to be registered at Audible or Amazon to redeem the giveaway code – if you aren’t, you'll be prompted to register prior to redemption – but you do NOT need a paid membership plan.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Audiobooks make good gifts, so even if you don't listen to them, you can always give your prize to a friend :)

message 3: by Desi (new)

Desi A (dessywinsy) | 9 comments there's a lot quotes I love in your books Danielle, rereading makes me notice this one and I love it <3
"To be bound is a burden, but it is the actions we freely take that cause us the most pain."

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (thereaderandthechef) (melissarobles) Desi wrote: "there's a lot quotes I love in your books Danielle, rereading makes me notice this one and I love it <3
"To be bound is a burden, but it is the actions we freely take that cause us the most pain.""

aaah that´s also one of my faves and I was going to post that LOL.

message 5: by Thissi (new)

Thissi "... More like beautiful things that have had the misfortune of being broken." Okay literally when I read this line I had to write it down in my notebook of quotes because it was beautiful!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (thereaderandthechef) (melissarobles) I'll go with:
"I cannot stop the world from moving. All I can do is be prepared for when it does."

This is Tristan talking about his magic keeping rocks from burying Trollus, but I think it applies to all of us. We must make do with what we have, keep working and trying hard, and then everything, somehow, will end up being fine. :)

message 7: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 13 comments It's kinda hard to pick one favorite quote since there are lots of quotes I love, but this is one of two my most favorite :)

“Dying was and easy thing to accomplish, effortless in its agony. It was living that was hard, requiring endless toil and labor, and for all one's efforts, it could be stolen in an instant.”

message 8: by Makenna (new)

Makenna Matos | 10 comments “I wish I was not who I am. I wish I had met you in different circumstances, in a place far away from here, where there was no magic, politics and deception. Somewhere where things could be different between us. I wish I was someone else. But I am what and who I am, and all the wishes in the world will not change that.”

I loved this quote so much because it really showed the feelings Tristan wanted to show and in some way it was a beautiful confession of his love. It was more then just saying "I love you."

message 9: by Christa (new)

Christa | 8 comments Beauty can be created, knowledge learned, but talent can neither be purchased nor taught.

So very true.

Erika (The Nocturnal Fey) (thenocturnalfey) | 25 comments I'm not sure if this is open internationally, but won't hurt to try. :) This is hard. I don't usually use flags/tabs when I read. Stolen Songbird is the 2nd book I used tabs to mark all my favorite lines and scenes (Tuesdays with Morrie being the 1st).

I think I'll go with this:

“I think it is our nature to believe evil always has an ugly face,” he said, ignoring my question. “Beauty is supposed to be good and kind, and to discover it otherwise is like a betrayal of trust. A violation of the nature of things.”

message 11: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 1 comments “ 'Hmmm,' the King said, making a face. 'I'm not sure this is what we bargained for, boy. We expected the girl to be attractive.'

If I hadn't been so terrified, I would have been insulted.”

I laughed out loud at this quote!

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_t) | 43 comments “It was almost habit now for me to seek her out whenever I heard her singing - her voice was my only respite. The one moment in the day when I allowed myself to forget the growing pressures of my life. The one moment when I allowed myself to forget who I was.”

message 13: by BellaKara (new)

BellaKara | 29 comments I have hundreds of quotes I loved both books. It took me a while to choose bu I'll go wuth this.

“I think it is our nature to believe evil always has an ugly face,” he said, ignoring my question. “Beauty is supposed to be good and kind, and to discover it otherwise is like a betrayal of trust. A violation of the nature of things.”

message 14: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Atmakuri (shreya_atmakuri) | 18 comments "I love you, Cécile," he said, and my breath caught. It was one thing to feel it, and quite another to hear the words from his lips.”

While a great many of the quotes in the book made me think about life in general and caused many long showers in pursuit of vague answers, it was this quote that brought tears to my eyes and made me gasp. I can still remember the goosebumps I got when Tristan decided to finally express something for once (it was all the more better as it was a declaration of love).

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (missnicolet) | 13 comments “They aren't ugly." I bit my lip, trying to find the right words. "more like beautiful things that have had the misfortune of being broken.”

I LOOOOOVE THIS QUOTE so freaking much. Danielle, you honestly have an amazing way with words. I feel like quotes like this make your characters seem more realistic and sweet and lovable. (:

message 16: by A Million Books (new)

A Million Books (amillionbooks9) "Prince of Night, Daughter of Day, Bound as one the witch they’ll slay”

THIS FREAKS ME OUT EVERY TIME I READ IT. THE PROPHECY FREAKS ME OUT EVERY TIME I READ IT. MAY, Where are you?!

message 17: by Kelsea (new)

Kelsea (ventureswithbooks) | 22 comments oh wow glad I saw this in time!! I think my favorite quote is when Cecile is making the decision to stay outside the barrier or to stay in Trollus and "'I choose you.' I stepped through the barrier, pushing him back and away from it. The second I was through, his emotions hit me like a tidal wave. Relief, happiness and most of all...love. I drowned in it. We both did." I think this was one of the first times she recognizes love as one of his emotions. It just makes me so happy!!!

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Nicole wrote: "“They aren't ugly." I bit my lip, trying to find the right words. "more like beautiful things that have had the misfortune of being broken.”

I LOOOOOVE THIS QUOTE so freaking much. Danielle, you h..."

Nicole! You have won the Stolen Songbird & Hidden Huntress audiobooks via Audible. Send me an email and I'll get you all set up :)
danielleljensen @ outlook.com

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (missnicolet) | 13 comments Hey Danielle, just wondering if you got my email!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.