On the Southern Literary Trail discussion

Group Reads: Pre-1990 > Final Impressions, The Complete Stories of Flannery O'Connor, March ,2016

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lawyer, "Moderator Emeritus" (new)

Lawyer (goodreadscommm_sullivan) | 2699 comments Mod
Let's wrap up our discussion of The Complete Stories of Flannery O'Connor. What did you think? If you write a review, please post a link to it in this topic.

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to join in the discussion, but I did finish the volume yesterday and posted my brief review today. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 3: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 6 comments One of the most important Southern writer story collections of the 20th century, bar none. Maybe one of the most important Roman Catholic inspired writers also, but I'm not as well versed in that literary genre.

message 4: by Teresa (last edited Apr 04, 2016 05:50PM) (new)

Teresa Randolph wrote: "One of the most important Southern writer story collections of the 20th century, bar none. Maybe one of the most important Roman Catholic inspired writers also, but I'm not as well versed in that l..."

I agree and would add Welty's short-story collections as well. As far as Roman Catholic-inspired fiction writers, besides O'Connor, there's also Walker Percy.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Complete Stories (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Flannery O'Connor (other topics)