Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) Red Queen discussion

Predictable??? (Spoilers ahead)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabrielle (last edited Mar 04, 2016 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gabrielle Ok, so I totally saw that "twist" coming. I practically predicted the whole ending. Honestly, halfway through the book i was like:

Hmm, Maven entering the Scarlet Guard is pretty suspicious. If he is loyal to the Guard, that could be a huge advantage for the Reds, but what if he wasn't sincere??? Mare trusts Maven a lot, and Maven could do a lot of damage to the Scarlet Guard if he wasn't sincere. What if Maven entered the guard just to gather information on the guard and report back to his parents? The King and Queen could easily take down the Scarlet Guard. It is a definite possibility.

Not only that, I had a strange feeling that (view spoiler) It was just too good to be true. And in the end, I was absolutely correct. It sort of ruined the book for me, and I've never read a book so predictable. (See my review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...)
What about you guys? Lots of people are saying the "surprise" twist hit them in the face and didn't even come close to seeing it coming, yet I saw it by miles away. Am I the only one who saw everything coming?

Becky You're not the only one. I had my suspicions.

Jayden Smtih I was enjoying it so much and reading so fast i didn't even stop to think about it. ( don't tell my English teacher i didn't use reading strategies)

Sabina I think that the reason why many people didn't see it coming was because they liked Maven. I was never fond of him, so I sort of guessed early on that he would betray everyone.

message 5: by Gabrielle (last edited Mar 04, 2016 03:40PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gabrielle Sabina wrote: "I think that the reason why many people didn't see it coming was because they liked Maven. I was never fond of him, so I sort of guessed early on that he would betray everyone."

You have a point. I've seen so many people who LOVE Maven. Personally, I liked Maven but I didn't love him. I mean, he was an interesting character, and I definitely enjoyed reading about him him entering the Guard was just to suspicious for me to overlook.

message 6: by Leo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leo Sooo predictable. It pretty much ruined the book for me. The author nearly screams at one to see the plot twist coming and, later on, Maven was just another stereotypical evil character for me. No surprises in this book for me, even tho I liked the worldbuilding.

I'm not sure if I should read the second one ... Does it get better?

Pricilla Gutierrez I thought it was pretty predictable too! I knew Maven wasn't trustworthy, simply by how Mare trusted him fully. I think this was a flaw in the author's writing because I think a lot of people definitely saw through that "reverse psychology" if you will. I even guessed that (view spoiler) . I am also wondering if the next one is a little better in not giving away the plot twists so easily?

message 8: by Gabrielle (last edited Mar 19, 2016 02:44PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gabrielle Leona wrote: "Sooo predictable. It pretty much ruined the book for me. The author nearly screams at one to see the plot twist coming and, later on, Maven was just another stereotypical evil character for me. No ..."

Unfortunately, I haven't read the second book yet. My hold at the library is taking FOREVER!!! I really hope the second one is better and not predictable. Also, I'm sorta wishing that, if new important characters make a debut in Glass Sword, they are not ya stereotypical. Marissa's universe is phenomenal but if only her characters and plot were better... Here's to hoping the plot of Glass Sword is not to be seen by miles away!

Calvina Gabrielle wrote: "Ok, so I totally saw that "twist" coming. I practically predicted the whole ending. Honestly, halfway through the book i was like:

Hmm, Maven entering the Scarlet Guard is pretty suspicious. If h..."

Yes it was very obvious...Mar was just too gullible for me. I'm still undecided if it's worth me reading the second book Glass Sword.

****Kelly***** The only thing I remember about this book was the beginning and the distinct feeling that I knew what was going to happen. Everything else is a bit of a blur of red and white.

****Kelly***** Safia wrote: "Oh believe me, I predicted everything too. SO boring and cliche and uuurgh. I wanted to put it down SO many times but I forced myself to keep reading to see what was so special about it. Apparently..."

It's true. I fall for them every time.