Baby You're So Classic discussion

Random Discussion > The future classics....

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breanna (new)

Breanna (breanna-reads-berks) | 6 comments Mod
Thought I would start a fun little discussion to get this group ready for reading! I've been thinking lately about what makes a classic a classic. To me, it's a book that my parents read and their parents probably read. It had a huge impact on our society too probably.

In twenty plus years, what are some books you hope that came out over the last twenty years that you hope will be considered a classic? I really hope that my kids will be able to read Harry Potter in their Brit Lit classes and do book projects on them. Or that Hunger Games will be right up there with Lord of the Flies on the classics list. :)

message 2: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) Mine would be these:

Wonder by RJ Palacio
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Also, even though I haven't read it, A Monster Calls already feels like a modern day classic.

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenathegreat) | 13 comments Mod
Hmmm I definitely think that THG is already used in high schools so its on the way to becoming a classic (if it already isn't). I definitely think that Game of Thrones will be an example for all future fantasy to be compared to. It already is but even more so in the future (obviously not a school book though). And I think that Rainbow Rowell's adult books will definetly stand the test of time...maybe not classic status but I can see people reading them years in the future

message 4: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) The Book Thief
Fangirl
Me Before You
An Ember In The Ashes
Throne of Glass
All The Bright Places
Finding Audrey

message 5: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) It's a great book that can be taught when learning about World War 2. It shows how the Germans during that time saw the Jews.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8 comments Mod
Anybody want to start reading a classic a month again?