2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Tracey's March 2016 reading plan

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (last edited Mar 28, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments ✔ ★ ☞ ☊

Carry over from February

✔ ☊Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt (book 3 in the Maiden Lane series) ★★★★☆
Opal Plumstead by Jacqueline Wilson ★★★★★
A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin (book 2 in A Song of Ice and Fire series) ★★★★★
Hold Tight by Harlan Coben ★★★★☆

2-3-4 group 2016 series read
The Soul Catcher by Alex Kava (book 3 in the Maggie O'Dell series) ★★★☆☆
Why Mermaids Sing by C S Harris (book 3 in the Sebastian St. Cyr series) ★★★★☆

Buddy reads
Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear (book 4 in the Maisie Dobbs series

Others
City of Bones by Michael Connelly (book 8 in the Harry Bosch series) ★★★★★
Waiting for Wednesday by Nicci French (book 3 in the Frieda Klein series)
The Shadows in the Street by Susan Hill (book 5 in the Simon Serrailler series) ★★★★☆
Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo (book 2 in the Harry Hole series)
✔ ☊ The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King ★★★★★

Extras
✔ ☊ The Martian by Andy Weir ★★★★☆
✔ ☊ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J K Rowling (book 1 in the Harry Potter series) ★★★★★
Katy by Jacqueline Wilson
The Naughtiest Girl Is a Monitor by Enid Blyton (book 3 in the Naughtiest Girl series) ★★★★☆
✔ ☊Awful Auntie by David Walliams ★★★☆☆
✔ ☊The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore (book 4 in the Lorien Legacies series) ★★★★☆
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2243 comments I really liked Scandalous Desires. Hope you're enjoying it.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10633 comments Mod
Ditto!

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Yes I am enjoying it! I'm about half way through.

message 5: by Tracey (last edited Mar 03, 2016 04:57AM) (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I have started The Shadows in the Street. I was going to read Why Mermaids Sing but The Shadows in the Street was calling to me! It is interesting as I usually listen to this series but have decided to read it in print form for this book - I am actually enjoying it more. Great series!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
That series looks interesting, Tracey. I've added the first book as I really enjoy British detective stories.

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments It's not fast paced but I do like the characters and how they slowly build up over the series.

message 8: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Hope you enjoy the first one!

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Today I finished Scandalous Desires and Opal Plumstead and today was an emotional roller-coaster for both books!

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Glad you enjoyed Scandalous!

message 11: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I finished The Shawshank Redemption and loved it. I have seen the movie so many times.

I have started The Martian on audio.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Tracey wrote: "I finished The Shawshank Redemption and loved it. I have seen the movie so many times.

I have started The Martian on audio."

I thought the audio of The Martian wonderful!

message 13: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Jonetta wrote: "I thought the audio of The Martian wonderful!"

Yes I am enjoying the narrator and think he helps with the "technical" parts. I think I picked it on audio because people raved about it.

message 14: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Oops going a bit off plan this month....

Started listening to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone this morning.

I am also going to start Katy tonight. My daughter was reading it and got to a very sad part and cried a lot. She didn't want to continue any further so I have promised her to catch up to where she is and read it together.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

That's wonderful, Tracey. She'll always remember these moments.

message 16: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Stephanie wrote: "That's great that you are reading one with your daughter!! Sounds like fun !"

Oh we read together every night but we hadn't planned on reading this one together so an extra one :-)

message 17: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Finished Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Loved, loved the narration and will listen to the rest of the series... (once I get my new year's worth of credits on the 20th!)

message 18: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Finished The Soul Catcher and on to Why Mermaids Sing.

message 19: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Finished The Martian. Loved the audio. The only reason it is a 4 star rather than 5 star is that it had a lot of technical bits where I glazed over.

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

Yay! Glad you enjoyed. The science could get overwhelming at times.

message 21: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I finished A Clash of Kings and like I have said elsewhere I loved it but it's intense!

Started City of Bones last night.

message 22: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Finished City of Bones. Loved it!

Hope to start Messenger of Truth tonight.

message 23: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments As I have finished The Fall of Five I have started to listen to Rebecca. The narrator is very good.

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1309 comments Tracey wrote: "As I have finished The Fall of Five I have started to listen to Rebecca. The narrator is very good."

Rebecca is one of my all time favorite books. I'm not big on rereading books, but I have read this one 3-4 times.

message 25: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Melissa wrote: "Tracey wrote: "As I have finished The Fall of Five I have started to listen to Rebecca. The narrator is very good."

Rebecca is one of my all time favorite books. I'm not big on rereading books, b..."

I can see why, I'm enjoying it so far.