Support for Indie Authors discussion

Fun > Twitter(ish) Fiction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Lever | 51 comments I had a go at doing this on Twitter but to little response. So I thought it might be fun to see if we could get the juices going here. Maybe those who have writer's block might get some stimulus!
How about;

"He came, he saw, she conquered". If you alter the gender you get a completely different storyline;
"She came. she saw, he conquered. "

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Colin wrote: "I had a go at doing this on Twitter but to little response. So I thought it might be fun to see if we could get the juices going here. Maybe those who have writer's block might get some stimulus!
H..."

He came. She came. They conquered. Am I doing this right? :)

message 3: by Colin (new)

Colin Lever | 51 comments Each tells its own completely different story don't you think? We don't have to dwell on these exact words. How about
"When it comes down to the road, or you, I know what I must choose."

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Quilter | 8 comments so that could change to something like "when it comes down to the road or her, she knows what he must choose."
interesting think about how much that chances the story that comes up in my mind

message 5: by Colin (new)

Colin Lever | 51 comments changing the perspective tells you a little about the character. I read something from Hilary Mantel that said;
"Description must work for its place. It can't be simply ornamental. It ­usually works best if it has a human element; it is more effective if it comes from an implied viewpoint, rather than from the eye of God. If description is coloured by the viewpoint of the character who is doing the noticing, it becomes, in effect, part of character definition and part of the action."
Yet another skill I am taking on board. These little tests and trials are skill builders