What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Main character is paralysed because parents refuse medical treatment and just pray

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deniz (new)

Deniz Eroğlu | 1 comments Main character is a child and very sick with fever. Parents are very religious and they don't want the doctor to administer any drugs. The doctor visits and checks on him at their house. Also there is a priest who visits him and encourages the parents to pray. One day when the parents are not in the room doctor gives the child the needed drug(an oral drop). The child then gets better but he is paralysed because the treatment was late. The parents think he got better because they prayed hard enough. Main character loses faith and resents his parents. That's all I remember. Help me find the book please :(

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press Reviews) (stargazer401) | 254 comments Reminds me strongly of one of the character's (maybe a villain's?) backstory's from (I think) Angels & Demons.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
When did you read it? What country and time period is the setting? What religion are the parents? Cover art? Author male or female? Did you read a paper book, ebook, something other format? What language did you read it in?

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Was this a YA book?

Maybe Miriam's Well?

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 280 comments I second the Angels and Demons suggestion - that's the villain's backstory.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Deniz, are you still looking for this or did you find it?