YA Backlist Bookclub discussion

2016 Reads > March: The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (booksand_stardust) | 82 comments Mod
Post all your thoughts on The Gracekeepers here!
I'm particularly looking forward to this one, as I have read it is often recommended for fans of The Night Circus, which is my all time favourite book.

message 2: by AmbWitch (new)

AmbWitch | 37 comments I'm glad this book won, it looks really interesting and I'm looking forwards to reading it. I'm just going to order it now :)

message 3: by AmbWitch (new)

AmbWitch | 37 comments Ooops, I double posted...

I found The Gracekeepers was a quaint, little book and I found myself really enjoying it. Towards the end though it started to become really slow going and I started to lose interest. The end was a little disappointing as not much really seemed to happened (view spoiler). Although when I think about it there was drama at the end, but it didn't seem to land with me and I didn't find it exiting. Despite that I liked the book overall and even recommended it to my mother but found it difficult to describe without spoilers.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Amber wrote: "Ooops, I double posted...

I found The Gracekeepers was a quaint, little book and I found myself really enjoying it. Towards the end though it started to become really slow going and I started to ..."

Sadly I've had a pretty bad reading month so have yet to start this, but it intrigues me that it is difficult to describe without spoilers. Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you'd hoped to!

message 5: by Emma (new)

So I know I'm several months behind, but I've just finished this today (despite starting it in April!). I agree Amber, it was very slow going and not much happened until the very end (which even then was a little anticlimactic), however I did enjoy it for what it was, and I liked the setting of the sea.